• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Its a very nice item worthy of most collections. I have handled alot of these early chinese ones and I can say without a doubt that is a very nice example and the price is pertty damn good.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    I was looking at that but my knowledge of SKS rifles is limited

same here. i know enough that "matching" is viewed as good :D

if this had been listed a couple months ago, or even a couple weeks ago, i might have scooped it up.

right now i'm setting my funds aside for something else

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    $300 plus shipping is a crapshoot what you will get. This one is a super early chinese one, made with russian parts under russian supervision. also designated as a Sino-Soviet. Most other ones sold are just chinese ones. Its a fiarly uncommon version based on the serial number Hxxxx.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    A reasonable price for a matching number sks. Just paid close to this price for a m/n para trooper. Would be interested if I hadn't bought that. I paid $89 at the Rose's department store in Ocean City and at gun shows but that was so long ago most of you guys weren't born yet. These are fun to shoot, ammo is cheap, not that expensive for a semi auto that will knock down a lot of things.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    I've somewhat questioned Chinese steel. I've a friend that works for the railroad and sometimes they'll get rails made in China and he's said the quality is nothing like American or European steel.

Chrome line barrel in these Chinese SKS's?

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    A reasonable price for a matching number sks. Just paid close to this price for a m/n para trooper. Would be interested if I hadn't bought that. I paid $89 at the Rose's department store in Ocean City and at gun shows but that was so long ago most of you guys weren't born yet. These are fun to shoot, ammo is cheap, not that expensive for a semi auto that will knock down a lot of things.

Again, this is not just a normal matching numbers gun. In my opinion, the one in the classified is more of a collector than a shooter. fwiw, my .02

I've somewhat questioned Chinese steel. I've a friend that works for the railroad and sometimes they'll get rails made in China and he's said the quality is nothing like American or European steel.

Chrome line barrel in these Chinese SKS's?

50's-90's chinese weapons are most likely the best weapons you can find. I know it sounds backwards, but they really cranked out some good stuff in that time period. With that said, anything pre 50's or post 90's is crap.

Yes, Chrome lined barrels!

SKS usually dont sell for more than 300 on the second hand market in VA.

Again.. one last time, the one I am talking about in the classifieds is not just a "average SKS"

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    Damn you, Yellowsled. I'm questioning what I should buy - this SKS or this pistol I've been :whoa:

Yellowsled ... I hope you're not selling any magical beans :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom