• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling1

Provocative Interloper
    Nov 25, 2009
    Frederick
    I prefer the MKIII target over the competition model. There is only a 2 oz. weight difference but I can feel it at the end of the barrel.

If you get the 22/45 I would recommend it has the replaceable panels. The grip is pretty square and flat otherwise.

Hold them all you may feel different.

I don't believe you can go wrong with the MK series as far as quality, at least nothing a little polish can't solve. Volquartsen trigger and you are good to go.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    It sounds like, based on my research, that both the Ruger Mark III Competition/Hunter and Browning Buck Mark Contour 7.25 come with Weaver rails either pre-mounted or included. Not Picatinny.

How do we get around this crappy issue of companies that haven't moved to the STANDARD 1913 Picatinny rail and still use the crappy random Weaver setup if you want to mount optics? it appears that most optics now only come with Picatinny mounts.

Scarab

kjf45

Jan 3, 2012
    Catonsville
    I have a mark III competition and love it, its also my girlfriends favorite to shoot. Out of the box it shoots better than i probably ever will. I got the WFS fiber optic sites for Christmas that i need to put on and get it to the range. I also changed out the wood grips for a set of hogues because the gf is a lefty but the gun still fits really well in my big hands.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It sounds like, based on my research, that both the Ruger Mark III Competition/Hunter and Browning Buck Mark Contour 7.25 come with Weaver rails either pre-mounted or included. Not Picatinny.

How do we get around this crappy issue of companies that haven't moved to the STANDARD 1913 Picatinny rail and still use the crappy random Weaver setup if you want to mount optics? it appears that most optics now only come with Picatinny mounts.

Scarab

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/1071-picatinny-scope-mount-for-mki-mkii-and-mkiii
    https://www.volquartsen.com/products/1179-picatinny-rail-for-browning-buckmark

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom