• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    A "rouge" cop, huh? Sounds like a case for Mary Kay.

gazingwa

Van Down By The River
    Jan 24, 2013
    Sussex County, DE
    But the officers that shot up a Toyota Tacoma(while looking for a Nissan Titan) are okay.....

What about post office employees fired from their jobs?

What about senators who were voted out of office?

Sure lets make a bill that if a cop misses work without calling for a week can never own a weapon.....

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Christopher Jordan Dorner is an example of a 'law-abiding' gun owner who turns violent.

Uh, what?!

From what I saw/read this guy lost his job for "making false statements". Now as a cop I assume he made these either to other cops or in court. If Joe citizen had done either they would at the very least be not law-abiding at the most in jail.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Uh, what?!

From what I saw/read this guy lost his job for "making false statements". Now as a cop I assume he made these either to other cops or in court. If Joe citizen had done either they would at the very least be not law-abiding at the most in jail.

Agreed. And if we take the guy's manifesto at face value, he's been a ticking time bomb for almost his entire life, prone to spontaneous assault and battery. "Law abiding" does not compute.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Does a dishonorable discharge from the military preclude someone from being able to later own a firearm? This is a new one on me because unless I'm mistaken, a DD is neither a felony (unless there was a felonious charge associated with it) nor turning a service member into a mental case. Would it automatically preclude you, or is it something that would have to addressed on a case by case basis?

And I love this one:
    It makes such comments as this one recently uttered by National Rifle Assn. executive Wayne LaPierre look particularly inane and off target: "Law-abiding gun owners will not accept blame for the acts of violent or deranged criminals."

News flash: Some law-abiders do become violent criminals.
    Well...duh. A person is always a law-abider until the moment they commit a crime.

What a crappy article.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Does a dishonorable discharge from the military preclude someone from being able to later own a firearm? This is a new one on me because unless I'm mistaken, a DD is neither a felony (unless there was a felonious charge associated with it) nor turning a service member into a mental case. Would it automatically preclude you, or is it something that would have to addressed on a case by case basis?

And I love this one:

Well...duh. A person is always a law-abider until the moment they commit a crime.

What a crappy article.

You MAY NOT sell or transfer a firearm or ammunition to any of the following prohibited persons or in the following circumstances:

7. Person Dishonorably Discharged from the Military: A person is considered dishonorably discharged only if he or she was separated from the Armed Forces of the United States as a result of a dishonorable discharge or a dismissal adjudged by a general court-martial. This prohibition does NOT include persons with a bad conduct discharge or any other less than honorable discharge.

Source ATF-p-5300-15

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    What can you expect when the "expert source" consulted is that anti-gun hack Garen Wintemute? The methodology used in his research has been widely refuted for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom