• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 50bmg

Sep 24, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Looking to get range estimates to move an 800-900lbs safe of normal dimensions (32x24x72) or smaller into my basement.

Looking at one flight of stairs down and into the room.

Thx.

kagemusha

May 8, 2012
    Baltimore City
    In case Safecracker doesn't work out for you, I used Easter's Lock and Key. I bought a 1200 lb Amsec online and used them to install/move it from the sidewalk into my basement. Sounds like the same move as you, down 1 flight and into the room. Had to get a carpenter to reinforce the stairs first. But as stated, try Safecracker first. Easter's was expensive.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    In case Safecracker doesn't work out for you, I used Easter's Lock and Key. I bought a 1200 lb Amsec online and used them to install/move it from the sidewalk into my basement. Sounds like the same move as you, down 1 flight and into the room. Had to get a carpenter to reinforce the stairs first. But as stated, try Safecracker first. Easter's was expensive.

****It's going to be expensive regardless for any bigger safe going down or upstairs in my experience. The safe in my old home stayed there as it would have been very expensive to move it out. I was surprised at how much it cost to put the safe into the basement and it weighed over 1000 lbs (I shopped around for install quotes...). The stairs had to be reinforced and they used some really cool machine to get it down the steps, put it in place, etc... All of this took lots of time and money.

No way I would have done it myself without professional help - too dangerous and such a safe would be exceedingly difficult to move around with just a dolly, etc... Pay the money and have it done right.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Dave at A-1 Safes in Fallston

I bought 2 Liberty Lincoln safes from Dave. He was the only one I could find at the time that would deliver to my basement.

He literally busted his rear doing the installation. It was back breaking dangerous work even with the hydraulic walker he used to get it down the steps.

I'm hoping it's possible to get these safes out of the basement when the time comes to leave MD.

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm kind of interested in this as well. Helped move a 650lb with just 2 of us and it sucked. Looking to get a 1000+ maybe for my place.

People who did this with stairs, did you have no yard access to the back? Or, can you not move a safe down a grassy hill to a basement door? Was hoping we could skip the stairs if I get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom