• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Got a very nice deal on a new toy. Good deals, friendly people. Even if limited by draconian MD laws, it's always good to patron the local shows. Without doing so will cause them to disappear. Not going to happen on my watch.

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    I was disappointed. I always attend this show and it looked like there were about 20-30% fewer dealers present than last year.

josiahmd

Oct 23, 2010
    gaithersburg
    a few good deals but few and far between....mostly overpriced... 140 bucks for a mosin 91/30, come on now, supply and demand shouldn't have reached that point yet..same goes for ammo.. i dont think ill be hitting up any silverado shows again anytime soon i only left with a few bore brushes from the top hat man

fd3466

Jan 31, 2011
    I went today and had some good conversations with people there but didn't find any good deals.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That GB is nice if I wasnt dead set on a folder (or could find a factory stock at a reasonable price) I would be all over that.

Some of the stuff
    Big can

ry%3D400

Big can opened with the smaller cans inside

ry%3D400

The Mini from Lou

ry%3D400

The two Garands from CMP from Wednesday,, foreground is the SGS, back round is the correct,, apart being cleaned. Both are HRA with LMR barrels

ry%3D400

Tom

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Took the Mini to the range today,,, goes BANG,, eats anything I fed her,,, was fun to play with,, I like it!!!!

Tom

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    got mine, sure glad Lou made a second trip to the shop this morning:) now its been hidden away until 12/25:sad20: but i snagged some pics when she wasn't lookn:innocent0

powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    It was a decent show compare to Annapolis show I went couple of months ago.
    I went looking for a Saiga 223 and I found at least three vendors all asking around 525, I decided to wait for a better bargain. End up buying a used FEG 9mm for $299, too bad I have to wait until end of October to pick it up because of my multiple regulated firearm purchase two weeks ago from Engage.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Howard Co Show report:

I went to the show today, but I wasn't really all that impressed. I was specifically looking to trade into a Ruger 10/22. I saw prices as low as $219 and as high as $309 for a blued "no-frills" model... up to $419/$449 for a stainless steel with a laminated stock. No one was wanting to entertain a trade for a used M75 Marlin... fair enough, so I ended up without a 10/22... my son will get over it and the hunt continues.

The prices for most firearms were a bit more than I'm typically prepared to pay, but there were some bright spots:

I think the two best deals at the show were to be found at "Shooters Discount". The .38SPL S&W M64s were only $269 and looked to be in pretty good shape for police trade ins. This is a great piece for home defense or casual plinking. If I was still living in AZ, I'd use one of these as a glovebbox gun. Also to be had from the same table, were Glock M22 police trade ins at $369... excellent price.

I didn't get the dealers name, but someone had a nicely reblued Winchester 1890 gallery gun for $1300. This is something I kick my self for not collecting as a youth when they were $150-200 for the Remington models $2-300 for Winchesters.

Reloading supplies: Alpha Bravo had .45 ACP 200 gr LSWC bullets as low as $34 per 500 ($42 for hard alloy) which seemed reasonable when compared to most of the shops in the area. "3" R Gunshop had some reasonable prices on powder ($18 for a lb of Unique).

Some of the sticker shockers: too numerous to count but here are a few standouts. Several tables had Ruger Govt Target models for close to $500... unless there were a number of after market niceties like Clark Triggers, spring sets, etc, I thought this was high..... Mossberg M44's without the correct rear sight and an after market post front sight for $350 (this was probably a consignment gun).... I was prepared to spend money on food, but $4 for french fries?!!

I ended up getting my son a nice folding knife for cub scouts so the day wasn't a total bust. Also, there was a guy tere with Damascus steel blades for what I thought was a reasonable price ($140 for a 4.5 inch blade and a custom handle). All in all, I still had a pretty good time. I'd rather be at a gun show than tackling the weekend "honey do" list!!

L

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Oh... I forgot to mention Accurate Pawn for $425 for Beretta M92's in 40 S&W with (I believe 2 extra mags included) in my above report... also a pretty good deal.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Went this morning and was going for the mini-14's at shooters discount and there they were:D. My brother and I looked around, he was looking for a shotgun or handgun so back by shooters discount's table we went and he still had them so looked around some more and came back.... damn he only had one left in wood and it was chipped by the magwell.:sad20:. Lesson learned buy when you get there. Leaving we ran into a guy selling one in the same condition as shooter's had so did get one but still that was just luck on my side. Anyhow it was one of the better silverado show's I thought.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    serial# dates it 1997, my wife and i got to handpick from 4, no blemishes or complaints at all:thumbsup: i've been doing some research on what states / which depts use this rifle and my freakin eyes are killing me.

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    It's amazing how i saw a saiga 12 at 3 different tables going from $675 to $1025:sad20: . i wonder what happened to the old dude that sells the gun powder mixture and exploding targets

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom