• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Did anyone see if the CMP site did NoT show sold out this morning or yesterday?

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Looks like I didn't make it, my USPS tracking is still "in transit". Hopefully that just means it hasn't updated, but I may have learned a $685 lesson in why not to ever trust the Post Office when something really needs fast delivery.

:(

Well, that does means I'll have the money to spend on other things on my "I want it" list, so there's a bright side!

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    For those not on the fbooks. This was just posted

i-QxSFH9K.jpg

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Looks like I didn't make it, my USPS tracking is still "in transit". Hopefully that just means it hasn't updated, but I may have learned a $685 lesson in why not to ever trust the Post Office when something really needs fast delivery.

:(

Well, that does means I'll have the money to spend on other things on my "I want it" list, so there's a bright side!

Well dont lose hope yet.

Last time when they did this with the IHC LMR barreled guns, I sent mine USPS overnight on a Saturday and it didnt make it until tuesday afternoon. I didnt get a service grade, but was was offered a field grade that ended up being a really nice gun.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I'm willing to bet at least 10% of those that mailed in orders don't meet all of the eligibility requirements.

:cool:

This. I called, verified what I needed and then sent in the forms. Did not realize it, but they had my club as expiring 31 December 2015 when it is really 1 March 2016. Fixed that issue on the phone. That, and I my notary was out of date by a few weeks.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    They received 23 mail tubs from USPS; that and they have Fed Ex and UPS. So, yeah, guess they had to cut the spigot off. There is a picture up on their Facebook page.

Dang! At 500 orders per tub - That's 11,000 rifles!

I hope the CMP continues their practice of going in Alphabetical order when filling orders.

Folks like "cantstop", "dreadpirate" and "arcamm" are shoe-ins.
    "yellowsled" and "why2kmax" are not so good.

I kid! I kid!

:rofl:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dang! At 500 orders per tub - That's 11,000 rifles!

I hope the CMP continues their practice of going in Alphabetical order when filling orders.

Folks like "cantstop", "dreadpirate" and "arcamm" are shoe-ins.
    "yellowsled" and "why2kmax" are not so good.

I kid! I kid!

:rofl:

YES! This is how it should be done. I'm going over to my Congressman's office to insist!

He's right across the street!

....On second thought.......

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'm praying my order is in one of those boxes

I have a really good feeling about this. When I visited the CMP store 2 years ago, I was really impressed at how nice the guys working there were. I genuinely felt that they would do whatever they capable of to put out the best guns they could. When the guy told me they had "lots of carbines to build", but were backlogged on M1 Garand orders, I really felt his frustration.

Those guys have been piecing together these great rifles for us. They are craftsmen. We might have to wait a month or 2 or 3, but I really feel like anyone who's order was postmarked by today will get a carbine.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Those tubs look pretty small, and only half-filled with BIG "envelopes".
    That's probably only 500 orders or so.

I'll see your gratuitous Carbine pron, and double it.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpg
      IMG_0595.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 176

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads