• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I ordered mine. Got it notarized even though my last one was still good just so I'll be good for another three years. Went to the post office and told them I wanted it to be there on Monday. The clerk looked it up and said first class would be there Tuesday but Priority Mail $6.45 would be there Monday with a tracking number. She dropped my envelope into a Priority envelope printed out the postage and handed me the receipt and highlighted the tracking number.

It is not hard once you are in the system at CMP just give them your customer number and when you are filling out new forms just put "Previously Submitted" on the check list.

I did the $6.45 Priority with tracking and sig as well. Hopefully I get a rifle as I've wanted a CMP M1 Carbine for a very long time. I needed it so I had the major rifles of the US during WWII. Now if any of you guys know how to get me a BAR and a Thompson I'll be set.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I posted this in March 2014. I'm pretty sure these are the carbines the guy at the counter was talking about. :)

Stopped by the CMP Anniston store yesterday. They had mostly Harrington & Richardson rifles in the racks...

The guy working there said they have a couple years worth of rifle parts and some carbines too. They just need to catch up on orders, before they build the carbines...

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Dropped the paperwork in the box for USPS a few minutes ago to really cast the dice and tempt fate so to speak.

I really wanted one of these to fill the gap between my Garand and 03-A3, but wasn't really wanting to add another caliber to my ammo stockpile.

Been wanting to shoot a carbine for awhile, but the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet, so this is a real pig in a poke for me on all fronts. :D

Good luck to everyone, I'm hoping Arcamm is right and they have a quantity of these vs. a handful they'd simply auction.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dropped the paperwork in the box for USPS a few minutes ago to really cast the dice and tempt fate so to speak.

I really wanted one of these to fill the gap between my Garand and 03-A3, but wasn't really wanting to add another caliber to my ammo stockpile.

Been wanting to shoot a carbine for awhile, but the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet, so this is a real pig in a poke for me on all fronts. :D

Good luck to everyone, I'm hoping Arcamm is right and they have a quantity of these vs. a handful they'd simply auction.

I was hoping that too, but I was just at the post office :innocent0 and I over heard a guy that heard from a guy that knows a guy whose wife said that they were all sold out. So save your stamps. Too bad> :rolleyes:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So it will be interesting to see how quickly they sell out. Maybe I am wrong, but I am not convinced the service grade will all be gone in a day or two. We shall see. On the other hand, I would definitely want my order to arrive Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I did the $6.45 Priority with tracking and sig as well. Hopefully I get a rifle as I've wanted a CMP M1 Carbine for a very long time. I needed it so I had the major rifles of the US during WWII. Now if any of you guys know how to get me a BAR and a Thompson I'll be set.

I am in the same boat, since I would like to collect each of the rifles my grandfather carried in WWII. I have the 1903A3 ('very accurate, good for shooting German wildlife to add to the dinner menu'), M1 garand ('heavy, did not like it much'), and M1 carbine ('nice and light, but no good beyond 200 meters). I would also need a thompson ('heavy, and there is no comfortable way to carry it') and a BAR ('shoots through railroad rails, when the germans are shooting prone from behind them').

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    no one should send in a order. They will prolly be all junk. :innocent0

At least don't send it in until Monday so it can be postmarked Feb 01. :D

You certainly should not get one of these. If the Garand demonstrated to you what a real Battle Rifle is, then these flimsy little pop-guns will send you screaming back to your M38 and M44 Mosins.

Seriously, I imprinted on Carbines as a kid in the 60s. Back then, Carbines were cool. Always wanted one. But when I grew up and finally got one, I admit I was disappointed. They really are flimsy little pop-guns.

But to be fair, the designers were trying to design a PDW, not a carbine.

I wonder if CMP's mail carrier has any idea of what his Monday is going to be like!

He subscribes to the email updates so he knows when to take his Personal Leave Days.

I just feel sorry for his horse.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You certainly should not get one of these. If the Garand demonstrated to you what a real Battle Rifle is, then these flimsy little pop-guns will send you screaming back to your M38 and M44 Mosins.

Seriously, I imprinted on Carbines as a kid in the 60s. Back then, Carbines were cool. Always wanted one. But when I grew up and finally got one, I admit I was disappointed. They really are flimsy little pop-guns.

But to be fair, the designers were trying to design a PDW, not a carbine.

He subscribes to the email updates so he knows when to take his Personal Leave Days.

I just feel sorry for his horse.

Ok - when I was growing up, I had a neighbor who was a WWII vet, a Korean war vet, and retired as a Lieutenant Colonel and Ordnance officer. He was familiar with the M1903, the Garand, and the M16. He said unequivocally that the M1 carbine was his preferred US military rifle, even over the M16.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    20 years ago, an old guy at the club cussed out my carbine. It's not often you have people you don't really know greet you with a stream of profanity directed at your rifle.

He was on some hell hole in the Pacific and shot a Japanese soldier (my words not his) 7 times and the guy kept coming. He yelled to his buddies to "Throw me a Garand, throw me a Garand" They did. He stopped the enemy soldier who had 2 grenades with his name on them.

Mine is still a blast to shoot. It's a shame they didn't realize at the time a .357 ACP would have been the perfect match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom