• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    Looking for an experienced pest control guy to see if I have a racoon in my attic ( I had a exterminator come by yesterday, and he wasn't sure, but baited the attic for mice, because he was sure of mice).

I'm looking for:
    1. Cost to give me an estimate ( if no racoon)
    2. If it is a racoon, ballpark cost to remove it and patch the entryway

Shoot me an email if available at Richard.changr@gmail.com

Looking to get someone out here sooner rather than later...Someone free sunday? I typically hear some noise (loud squeeking) at around 3 in the morning, but sometimes other times lately.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Critters

From what I understand, raccoons often go in the attic to have babies in the early spring. Putting a light and radio on in the attic is supposed to scare them away. We had one in our neighborhood that was going house to house tearing out the soffits where they met the roof to gain entry into the attic.

You can pull down a section or two of the soffit and put plywood up and reinstall the soffit and screw the heavy wire mesh/rat cloth over that section. That should work. The company that was called by our neighbor to get rid of the raccoon in their attic, screwed live traps on the roof of the house to catch it. This allowed them to drive by the house to see if they caught it. They also replaced the insulation in the attic that was soiled by the raccoon. They said it was considered hazardous waste and had to be removed. They charged our neighbor a small fortune to do this.

There was a lady down the street who had been putting food out for the raccoons. Fortunately, she no longer lives there.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    If raccoon I have been told to play "techno" music in the attic for a day and problem solved. Not sure why "techno" but it sure hurts my ears so should work.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    fark__g0LlAdfFDkdZI2ijYqGG1mrAqo.jpg

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I usually stab them with bullets...but then again we live in MD,liberal tears will be shed so I use the tears to drown them in.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Check around the down spouts and look for loose vinyl soffit in that area. A raccoon can climb a down spout like a telephone man and its mostly likely where they are entering from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom