• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Just a late (sorry, been busy all day) heads up. I went to stock up on some target/skeet loads today at Dicks. They opened at 9, I didn't get there till around 1030am. They're selling boxes of Rem Gun Club and Federal target loads at 6.99 per box but have a deal, buy one get one half off. When you do the math you end up getting each box you buy for approx. 5.24 / 21 cents a round.

I ended up walking away with 300 rnds or 12 boxes for 62.99 plus tax. What turned out to be a plus was that I before I left the hunting/gun area I took a look behind the counter and saw at least 10 bricks of Rem Golden HP 22's. I of course bought one, and was surprised to see nobody else interested in them. Of course I could only buy 1 box, but that's fine.

Nice to see 22 in stock and just a heads up as the shotgun shells aren't a bad deal either. If anyone knows of a better 12 gauge target load deal let me know.

edited to add the target shell sale goes till the 6th.

Last edited:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    look at the bottom of your receipt. Go to the website and do the survey, print out the coupon. It'll be good for about 30 days (I think) You have to do the coupon within 7 days of the date on the receipt. However I have used older receipts and just entered a recent date, to beat the system!
    I save all my Dick's receipts and when I'm ready to buy some ammo I'll do a survey

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Thanks for the heads up! I plan on going back and stocking up some more in a couple days. Going to get some Federal Breast Cancer Awareness pink shells for the next neighborhood skeet shoot.

One thing I thought funny was if you go to the website they have the federal ammo listed at 6.49 but when I got to the store it was listed at 6.99 just like the Remington Gun Club... I asked the guy about it and he walked over and got the ad... and gruffly replied that it was buy one get one 50%off the target loads and then went back to rearranging. I should have asked how that solved the fact that they have the Federal Ammo marked wrong but said screw it and started grabbing boxes. I should have pressed him on it because it would have saved me 4.50 off my shotgun shell order...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The fine print on the coupon says not to be used for guns, ammunition etc, etc
    Bit don't let that scare you (if you can even see the tiny print).

I've only had 1 cashier mention that and I said that I use the coupons for ammo all the time and she just shrugged and took the $10 off

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    I tried a couple of times using that $10 off coupon from the receipt but every time I tried they won't except it at the crofton Dicks. If you read the fine print it actually isn't good for almost anything in their store. Dick's has been having good deals on target loads the past 2-3 weeks.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I was there at 4:45 and the sack of poop behind the counter told me they had no more .22 !!!!!!!!!!!

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I have used the $10 coupon a the Glen Burnie Dick's a bunch of times. The last time was at least 6 months ago but have only had a problem once, and that was about 3 years ago.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    I was there at 4:45 and the sack of poop behind the counter told me they had no more .22 !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Boss! They had it on the far left of the 'behind the counter area' when I was there this morning. I actually didn't ask for it, I happened to see it back on the lower shelf and I did a double take wtf!

I'm so used to never seeing any and asking only to get the same answer/laugh from the people working there.

I will try and use the coupon this thursday when I go back for more shotgun ammo and I'll let ya'll know. I have a feeling I'll be turned down but am going to get some more target loads regardless...

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'll try again later in the week. I get over that way about once a week. I need to pick up some clays anyways. I looked on the right behind the counter. But I'm guessing they sold out. Thanks for the heads up anyways.!!

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I rarely use Dicks coupons. Why would I when they honor Sports Authority coupons. Just used a 25% a single item on a CVA Wolf, muzzle loader and a 20% off entire purchase. Both expired. Zero issues.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Just a late (sorry, been busy all day) heads up. I went to stock up on some target/skeet loads today at Dicks. They opened at 9, I didn't get there till around 1030am. They're selling boxes of Rem Gun Club and Federal target loads at 6.99 per box but have a deal, buy one get one half off. When you do the math you end up getting each box you buy for approx. 5.24 / 21 cents a round.

I ended up walking away with 300 rnds or 12 boxes for 62.99 plus tax. What turned out to be a plus was that I before I left the hunting/gun area I took a look behind the counter and saw at least 10 bricks of Rem Golden HP 22's. I of course bought one, and was surprised to see nobody else interested in them. Of course I could only buy 1 box, but that's fine.

Nice to see 22 in stock and just a heads up as the shotgun shells aren't a bad deal either. If anyone knows of a better 12 gauge target load deal let me know.

edited to add the target shell sale goes till the 6th.

Thanks for the heads up! I was in NoVA today and picked up a bunch of Winchester 1oz target loads. Came out to about 5.54 per box with tax.

I prefer Gun Clubs but all they had were 1 1/8 oz boxes. Only a few of those anyway.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Just a heads up dicks Wheaton has a shit ton of remington thunderbolt and golden 22lr for sale. Limit 1 per customer, was $26.50 per 500(thunder)/525(golden) after tax. Let the feeding frenzy begin..... Shit, maybe I shouldn't have said anything.......

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Just a heads up dicks Wheaton has a shit ton of remington thunderbolt and golden 22lr for sale. Limit 1 per customer, was $26.50 per 500(thunder)/525(golden) after tax. Let the feeding frenzy begin..... Shit, maybe I shouldn't have said anything.......

I picked up my Quota of the 525 just now, thanks for the heads up.
    As far as I could see it looks like they only had 2 boxes left of the golden and about five or six boxes of the thunderbolt. I couldn't really tell at a glance but it looks like whatever they have will probably go quick.

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    I rarely use Dicks coupons. Why would I when they honor Sports Authority coupons. Just used a 25% a single item on a CVA Wolf, muzzle loader and a 20% off entire purchase. Both expired. Zero issues.

Which dicks price matches sports authority? I'll have to give that a try. Do you knowing they will take the 20 or 25% off coupon on a shotgun?

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    They also have some Auto Match 325 boxes. Quite a selection!

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    I picked up my Quota of the 525 just now, thanks for the heads up.
    As far as I could see it looks like they only had 2 boxes left of the golden and about five or six boxes of the thunderbolt. I couldn't really tell at a glance but it looks like whatever they have will probably go quick.

You're welcome. They must've sold a bunch since when I was there the gun counter guy said they had a lot. I saw him pull the boxes I bought off the top of a big pile of the stuff. Maybe I'll check later tonight before I head home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom