• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    the only 1911 I saw for sale inside was a dummy gun. It's still no auto or modern handguns. Some S&W Russians and such but not much more modern than that.

For me the coolest gun was a 7 barrel 32 caliber rolling block by Pieper. One pull of the trigger and they all go at once. It took some kind of metallic cartridge but not sure if it was centerfire or rimfire. Neat goose gun.
    It was pretty much in as new condition and probably a bargain at 3 grand.

That was a wicked looking gun. There were a few like that in various conditions.

Some big ass blunderbusses caught my eye, most of those were mounted ship guns.

A fair number of dueling pistol sets in boxes including some mini pistol sets.

Plenty of Ballistol for those who want to pay an extra dollar a can to have it right now.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    also at least 2 of the Mauser anti tank rifles in the house. If anyone wants a really big bolt action here's your chance

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    also at least 2 of the Mauser anti tank rifles in the house. If anyone wants a really big bolt action here's your chance

They were the most interesting thing there. 35 pounds worth of rifle.

The stock looked more like a log with a pistol grip.

Powerful guns were so new back then, they hadn't figured out the muzzle brake yet.

optic1960

Apr 5, 2010
    hagerstown, Md
    today

Very poor turn out for the show, line was only 15 min long this am and half the people there today were dealers. No body on either side of the table was buying much. People just don't go to the show much any more knowing they can't accord most of what is there. Walked it for several hours and saw so much of it priced double what you would see it for at another show, Its a nice show to just look aroundand see neet items but other than that this show is slowing dieing

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Very poor turn out for the show, line was only 15 min long this am and half the people there today were dealers. No body on either side of the table was buying much. People just don't go to the show much any more knowing they can't accord most of what is there. Walked it for several hours and saw so much of it priced double what you would see it for at another show, Its a nice show to just look aroundand see neet items but other than that this show is slowing dieing

I couldn't agree mire.I went just to see WW2 stuff which isn't that plentiful which is understandable. The prices were absurd. One guy had some really nice K 98 snipers and some nice all matching k98's. I was considering buying a k 98 until I saw the prices. They were between 1,800 and 3,200 . To put it in perspective a early nice all matching in top condition can be had for 2,500.00

Here are a couple of pics I took.

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      111.1 KB · Views: 181

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    There were lots of nice M1903's and M1903A3's, a few at great prices. A friend of mine was going to get a Remington transitional pre-A3at a good price, but he thought about it for five minutes too long and it got bought out from under him.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

This show is notorious for a lot of the dealers jacking up their prices 50% to 100% just for this show. Back in the 90's I new of several that did just that and it was explained to me that it was fairly common practice amongst those that displayed items for sale. I haven't been to this show since 2001.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    most of the dealers there will deal.
    For the shotgun guys, Tony Galazan was there from CSMC. I think he bought a nice Parker Skeet gun for about 10k

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Jeezz....I almost went to this show yesterday. Glad I did not waste my gas. Last time I was at this show, it was still being held at The Fifth Regiment Armory.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Anybody know the name of the business or guy who ran the table with the large assortment of gun parts on the far left side (from the entrance) or his contact info? I wanted to contact him to find out if he had a couple parts that I needed that I forgot to look for yesterday

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It was great to go and look at a bunch of guns I will never own. Know nothing about and ammunition is no longer available for.

I learned a few things, but mostly was disgusted by the prices they wanted. I noticed very little actual selling going on.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    This show is notorious for a lot of the dealers jacking up their prices 50% to 100% just for this show. Back in the 90's I new of several that did just that and it was explained to me that it was fairly common practice amongst those that displayed items for sale. I haven't been to this show since 2001.

Yep. It's why I haven't purchased anything there and opted to skip it this year. Decided it wasn't worth my time. A big turn off last year was a bunch of dealers bitching to each other about nobody buying. Well, duh! Most of the buyers there aren't stupid and at least expect a fair price. "Seller wins big, buyer loses big" means potential buyers leave empty-handed.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

I could be way off on this, but I don't think I am.

I think these guys have developed an emotional attachment to their firearms. A love affair if you will. In many respects, it defines who they are as people. It's something they put time and money into and they can't bear to see what they love walk out the door.

If they put "buy now" prices on the guns and all the guns sold, what would they do with themselves? That's why I said yesterday that they should remove the price tags and call it a show and tell type show.

If they truly wanted to sell them, they would entice buyers with fair prices and sell them. But they don't want to sell them. Hence the BULL$HIT pricing.

This concludes my phycology lesson for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom