• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Inigoes said:
    open a windows explorer, the hosts file is normal located in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc folder

open the "hosts" file with notepad, either delete the mdshooters line, or comment it with a pound sign ("#"), save the file

Thank you Inigoes, that seems to have fixed the problem.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    open a windows explorer, the hosts file is normal located in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc folder

open the "hosts" file with notepad, either delete the mdshooters line, or comment it with a pound sign ("#"), save the file

Ok. I bumbled around and it seems to be working now.

THANKS!!!!!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Yes....we know, we know. :sad20:

DD214's monthly bill just went up again.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Is there a way I can donate some money to the monthly bill?

I agree, I very much enjoy this site and would be happy to contribute to the cause. Maybe there could be some way to allow this?

We're discussing some options right now. The burden will likely not fall on the individual users.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Is there a way I can donate some money to the monthly bill?

Ouch. We just burned through 300GB of internet juice. My host never sent a warning. Sorry about that.

I agree, I very much enjoy this site and would be happy to contribute to the cause. Maybe there could be some way to allow this?

Count me in for a contribution too ... I probably caused the 'rollover' all by my lonesome. :sad20:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Ouch. We just burned through 300GB of internet juice. My host never sent a warning. Sorry about that.

Have you tried using smaller bytes?

Also, a lot of vowels are suprflus. You cn gt by wth lvg a lot of thm out.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We're discussing some options right now. The burden will likely not fall on the individual users.

I spend a fair amount of time here, and certainly don't mind sending a little cash. It is well worth it for the enjoyment I get out of it. You should certainly consider donations from users as an option. Just my opinion.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I spend a fair amount of time here, and certainly don't mind sending a little cash. It is well worth it for the enjoyment I get out of it. You should certainly consider donations from users as an option. Just my opinion.

At any given time, there are 2-4 times as many non-registered as registered users.

Maybe limit non-member access. I've been on other boards that will not let you see pics unless you're a registered user. Linked Pics, especially, are bandwidth hogs. Besides, it may get more lurkers to join.

We seem to have a lot of "Let's see your________!" picture threads on here.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    At any given time, there are 2-4 times as many non-registered as registered users.

Maybe limit non-member access. I've been on other boards that will not let you see pics unless you're a registered user. Linked Pics, especially, are bandwidth hogs. Besides, it may get more lurkers to join.

We seem to have a lot of "Let's see your________!" picture threads on here.

How much would resizing (smaller) help?

I am able to resize any image I post, and will do so if it helps. :thumbsup:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83

Some sites have members only areas. Others restrict non members from posting photos unless they link to a photo site or private server. I wouldn't mind a $5 or $10/yr donation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom