• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So took out the new Sparrow can today. Tried it on three different hosts. First was my S & W 622 there was a noticeable point of impact change. (Shooting at 10 yds)
    Was shooting about 3-4" high and to the left. I was expecting some shift, but that seems to be quite a bit. Wasn't as large of a shift when I put it on my Sig Mosquito, although it ran like shit suppressed. Malfunction every other round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    S&W 622 was the worst change, Sig Mosquito was slightly better. 10/22 off a few inches, but that was at 50 yds so I'm not concerned about that. Everything is thread-on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I run an M4-2000 on 4 different hosts. All vary. One no shift. Two shift about 2" left @ 100 yds. One about 1" low at 100 yds. I run a Ti-rant on an hk45, I haven't gotten that quite to a science yet, but it shifts about 3" at 7 yards. And, apparently that can be adjusted by adjusting the neilson device/baffles. So, there's some more work I gotta do there.
    In other words, I think its a crap shoot between no shift and a lot of shift. Lol. Good luck.

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Also, I had a sig mosquito that barely ran under ideal conditions. I ended up selling it. My gf has a P22 and a buddy has a P22 he runs a sparrow on. Both run fantastic. Fwiw

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Generally Walter and SIG .22 Pistols are not very reliable and made of some junk magnesium like material.

They are usually pretty quiet though.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I had this issue with Remington Subsonic 22lr.

When I tried Gemtech Subsonic 22lr the problem went away. I called Remington, they sent me a pickup label, and I shipped it back. They sent me a brick of Golden Bullet in exchange. :mad54:

On the plus side, I tuned one of my 10/22s to run golden bullet. :lol2:

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Threading could be off. Not sure what your hosts are but your POI shouldn't change that much on a fixed barrel design.

Generally Walter and SIG .22 Pistols are not very reliable and made of some junk magnesium like material.

They are usually pretty quiet though.
    Agree with much of this- not knocking the pistols, but there is truth in the statements. I have a Sig 1911-22 that I suppressed and found POI moved 10" at 25'. It even looked funny, like it was off but I couldn't tell from looking through the barrel with it mounted. Turned out to be the Gemtech suppressor adapter threading was off. Loosen the adapter, POI moved with it. Enter different adapter, problem solved:) Pic posted in the "Suppressor No.2" thread.
    Aftermarket parts for the Sig came from CWAccessories.com. They specialize in Sig/GSG 1911-22's, and the addition of their parts took my Sig from being no fun (pretty much spraying all over the target) to being very accurate, dependable, and fun! Now with the addition of the suppressor, well...:D In my case the POI suppressed and non-suppressed is now nearly identical. If I could find an aftermarket barrel of good quality for this I would likely get it. Like Chad says, the metallurgy isn't the best. Would I have saved money if I had bought something higher quality right off the bat? No doubt, but part of the fun is the process of learning, and I really liked the feel of the Sig.

I run an M4-2000 on 4 different hosts. All vary. One no shift. Two shift about 2" left @ 100 yds. One about 1" low at 100 yds. I run a Ti-rant on an hk45, I haven't gotten that quite to a science yet, but it shifts about 3" at 7 yards. And, apparently that can be adjusted by adjusting the neilson device/baffles. So, there's some more work I gotta do there.
    In other words, I think its a crap shoot between no shift and a lot of shift. Lol. Good luck.
    I just took possession of No.2 suppressor- a Griffin Recce5 model, on a Mossberg MVP in 556 with threaded barrel, threaded flash/comp mount. The rifle is zeroed at 100yds, but with the suppressor POI is 2" lower (straight down). The rifle is equipped with a Nikon M223 BDC 600 scope. At 150yds I found that by lining up on the first BDC dot (supposed to be 200yds) I was on the money. The triangle of three in near center is from that test. Maybe some of you guys with more experience have some insight? I thought perhaps the suppressor may cause extra bullet drop. If not, I suppose it's a blessing that it changes POI straight down. With practice, I should be able to estimate POI fairly well. Again, not a lot of high dollar stuff but it sure is fun!

Attachments

• 556 supp2.jpg
      556 supp2.jpg
      116.2 KB · Views: 379

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Agree with much of this- not knocking the pistols, but there is truth in the statements. I have a Sig 1911-22 that I suppressed and found POI moved 10" at 25'. It even looked funny, like it was off but I couldn't tell from looking through the barrel with it mounted. Turned out to be the Gemtech suppressor adapter threading was off. Loosen the adapter, POI moved with it. Enter different adapter, problem solved:) Pic posted in the "Suppressor No.2" thread.
    Aftermarket parts for the Sig came from CWAccessories.com. They specialize in Sig/GSG 1911-22's, and the addition of their parts took my Sig from being no fun (pretty much spraying all over the target) to being very accurate, dependable, and fun! Now with the addition of the suppressor, well...:D In my case the POI suppressed and non-suppressed is now nearly identical. If I could find an aftermarket barrel of good quality for this I would likely get it. Like Chad says, the metallurgy isn't the best. Would I have saved money if I had bought something higher quality right off the bat? No doubt, but part of the fun is the process of learning, and I really liked the feel of the Sig.

I just took possession of No.2 suppressor- a Griffin Recce5 model, on a Mossberg MVP in 556 with threaded barrel, threaded flash/comp mount. The rifle is zeroed at 100yds, but with the suppressor POI is 2" lower (straight down). The rifle is equipped with a Nikon M223 BDC 600 scope. At 150yds I found that by lining up on the first BDC dot (supposed to be 200yds) I was on the money. The triangle of three in near center is from that test. Maybe some of you guys with more experience have some insight? I thought perhaps the suppressor may cause extra bullet drop. If not, I suppose it's a blessing that it changes POI straight down. With practice, I should be able to estimate POI fairly well. Again, not a lot of high dollar stuff but it sure is fun!

Unless you are getting bullet strikes the suppressor isn't causing extra drop, it is changing the point of impact through barrel harmonics. All the rifles I suppress are sighted in with the suppressor.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Aftermarket parts for the Sig came from CWAccessories.com. They specialize in Sig/GSG 1911-22's, and the addition of their parts took my Sig from being no fun (pretty much spraying all over the target) to being very accurate, dependable, and fun! Now with the addition of the suppressor, well...:D In my case the POI suppressed and non-suppressed is now nearly identical. If I could find an aftermarket barrel of good quality for this I would likely get it. Like Chad says, the metallurgy isn't the best. Would I have saved money if I had bought something higher quality right off the bat? No doubt, but part of the fun is the process of learning, and I really liked the feel of the Sig. !

Which aftermarket parts from CWA did /do you use with the supressor?

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Which aftermarket parts from CWA did /do you use with the supressor?

Sorry, didn't see this question until today- I originally purchased their "shooters special", which includes parts that really helped with the accuracy of the pistol. I liked that, so then I decided to get their Exoskeleton slide and put a red dot on it. Not long after that i picked up the can and found out that the Gemtech adapter I had purchased had an issue, so since I had such good luck with all their other stuff I ordered the CWA adapter. Works great, at half the price, looks better too!

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    so the cwa adapter will work with the accuracy kits?
    How did you like the exoskeleton slide?

The accuracy kit (performance enhancement) is just a barrel bushing, spring and plug. The shooter special includes a guide rod, stainless thread cap and frame plug. Putting all that on at first made my Sig much more consistent and accurate. It worked well with my original slide and looked great. I decided later that I wanted to trick it out with the Exoskeleton, slide racker and red dot sight. Partly because I thought it looked cool, and partly because I'm desperately trying to get my wife into shooting with me and she has weak hands and has already pinched herself with a slide. The adapter works with the original barrel. Its stainless also, and half the price of the Gemtech piece of junk I bought.

The Exoskeleton works pretty well now. At first it was very tight and I had a lot of FTE's, FTF's, etc. The more I shoot it, clean it and lube it the better it gets. The biggest pain was removing the bolt from the old slide and installing in the new one. That is part of the learning process that I like, though. They say they are working to produce a CW bolt, hopefully soon. I would like to be able to switch slides, but I need another bolt to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom