• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    (i already posted this int he 'atf wait time thread' but I thought some of you might want to see this without digging thru 103 pages of posts.)

I submitted a Form 1 via eForms on 8/12 to SBR my 9mm Rock River AR. I got an email today stating:

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED
    Permit/Control No: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Your Reference No:
    Submission Date: 2014-08-12-04:00
    Form ID: ATF FORM 1 (5320.1) - APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A FIREARM
    Please logon to the eForms site for more details.
    If you have any questions about your eForms submission, please contact:
    for Imports questions, call (304) 616-4550
    for NFA questions, call (304) 616-4500
    for AFMER questions, call (304) 616-4590
    for Firearms Licensing questions, call 1-866-662-2750
    Thank you for using eForms.

No, i did not submit a 77r, since none was done when I purchased the rifle. I did scan a copy of the PO and attach it. I'm not sure i that helped or not.

I almost feel like I'm being Punk'd.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Makes sense. eForm form 1 has only been back up since late June.

Everybody got used to submitting by mail for a few months. Plus ATF upped the examiner staff by about 15 and authorized overtime.

This should always be the turn-time. Course, that won't happen but there should at least be a nice sweet spot for a while. Congrats!

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    i still have 1 more pending... i submitted it 3 days later, it'll be interesting to see how quickly that goes.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I have a feeling most of their traffic was Forms 3 and 4 anyway...which they of course have said aren't coming back until the next incarnation of eFile.

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    That's awesome. I submitted 2 yesterday. Hope they go just as quick. Now if only my 2 Form 4's would go that quick.

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    I also submitted on 8/31, I hope that one comes back as quickly. I'll let you all know.

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ain't this a gub'ment operation...

I just tried to go to the eForms site and see this message:

"eForms Outage

The eForms System will be unavailable for industry use each Wednesday, from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (EST) in order for ATF to conduct routine maintenance and processing.

Please direct any questions about this message to eForms.admin@atf.gov."

I have been in the IT sector for over 15 years and 9 of those years either contracting to, or working for the federal government and the rest working for Fortune 500 or in some cases Fortune 100 companies and this is nuts. Rule number 1 of IT maintenance: YOU DO IT AFTER HOURS!!!!

Taking a site down from 6am to 6pm form what they call 'routine' is either a lie, or stupid. Considering the message says they do it every Wednesday, I'm leaning towards 'stupid.

:envy::mad54::banghead::crazy:

Ok, I'm done ranting.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I just tried to go to the eForms site and see this message:

"eForms Outage

The eForms System will be unavailable for industry use each Wednesday, from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (EST) in order for ATF to conduct routine maintenance and processing.

Please direct any questions about this message to eForms.admin@atf.gov."

I have been in the IT sector for over 15 years and 9 of those years either contracting to, or working for the federal government and the rest working for Fortune 500 or in some cases Fortune 100 companies and this is nuts. Rule number 1 of IT maintenance: YOU DO IT AFTER HOURS!!!!

Taking a site down from 6am to 6pm form what they call 'routine' is either a lie, or stupid. Considering the message says they do it every Wednesday, I'm leaning towards 'stupid.

:envy::mad54::banghead::crazy:

Ok, I'm done ranting.

eForms for awhile now has been scheduled for maintenance on wednesdays. You shouldve been around months ago, you would be angry how terrible eForms was back then. It started off alright with a few bugs, then turned into a huge clusterf*ck of a system. Now, it seems its pretty expedient with very few bugs. :thumbsup:

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Sure did. This email was from April 1 '14, when the system was really limping along (right before it was taken down permanently).

In an attempt to improve the performance of eForms we are restarting the eForms system everyday at the
    following times (Eastern time). During each restart eForms will be unavailable for 1 hour.

Restart times:

4:00 AM

9:00 AM

NOON

3:00 PM

11:00 PM

If you have any questions concerning the attached notice please contact Lee Alston-Williams at lee.alstonwilliams@atf.gov[/SIZE].

Sincerely,

Lenora (Lee) Alston-Williams
    Industry Liasion Analyst - IT

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, & Explosives
    Office of Enforcement Programs and Services
    Firearms and Explosives Services Division

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    I would say things have greatly improved since then. It seems like people are getting form 1's back in less than a month.

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    Now if they can get form 4s working with this kind of turn around I'll be both impressed AND ecstatic.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Picking up cans and factory SBRs three weeks after form 3 would be a big time positive.

It'd definitely prompt some buyers, who're turned off by long waits, to get off the fence. Now, if form 3 times become manageable again and you could go from manufacturer/distributor to end-buyer in 2 months...that'd be a winner...

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    Yup. It sucks having to lay out big money and then wait the 8-9 months I hear it is taking now. It would be tempting to purchase more if you didn't have to wait so long.

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    second eForms Form 1

Permit/Control No: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Your Reference No:
    Submission Date: 2014-08-17-04:00
    Form ID: ATF FORM 1 (5320.1) - APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A FIREARM

I promised I'd follow up with my second one, this was ultimately approved on 9-15.

So just under a month for a Form 1. Man, I hope they get Form 4s sped up soon.

take care everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom