• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Things will likely pop up after the MSI meeting this Saturday. I was planning on attending, but a family trip was planned and I cannot go. Jack McCauley is speaking after the MSI meeting from what I read.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    MSRPA will have buttons and oval bumper stickers for the 2A Tuesday event.

There have been no indications about having break-out sessions like we had last year.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I believe there will be breakout sessions. Whiskey and I are scheduled to do a seminar on talking to anti's.

I'm not sure what other seminars are going to be scheduled. Alot depends on how many rooms we can get and we won't know that until the session starts.

I'm also not sure if any of the other groups have sessions planned. I only know what MSI has talked about. If MSRPA or the dealers association , or AGC want to do a session we just need to coordinate them.

Cyra

Mrs. Glaron
    Feb 4, 2014
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can attend! Enjoyed going last year even though it was cold! :)

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Car pool threads in the regions section be made sticky?

Planning on going will have 2 (3 if you don't mind being squeezed) seats free Cecil County

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It was discussed today at the big MSI meeting.

Should be another great turnout, a hell of a lot of us are taking the day off.

I wouldn't miss it for the world. Tremendous feeling standing among so many great Patriots - citizens, police, military... we all stand together as a show of solidarity.

As discussed, please wear blue (preferably something from MSI, but anything blue is good). A blue scarf is a perfect compliment to a suit and overcoat, or casual attire; whatever, MSI blue is the easiest way for us to identify one another, and make it clear to our representatives that we are all together and support the Second Amendment.

753342b-solid-color-scarf-blue-lg.jpg

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Are there any specific items we'll be pushing this year? CCW reciprocity perhaps?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Are there any specific items we'll be pushing this year? CCW reciprocity perhaps?

Great question. Nothing specific revealed at the meeting; but in general I personally would like to see the restrictions on the current issue permits removed.

I'd also like to see carry permits and renewals go to every 10 years; as opposed to current 2 years, then every 3 years thereafter.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I believe there will be breakout sessions. Whiskey and I are scheduled to do a seminar on talking to anti's.

I'm not sure what other seminars are going to be scheduled. Alot depends on how many rooms we can get and we won't know that until the session starts.

I'm also not sure if any of the other groups have sessions planned. I only know what MSI has talked about. If MSRPA or the dealers association , or AGC want to do a session we just need to coordinate them.

We are currently working on having two rooms reserved for us.

Currently, with the elections just occurring, we are working on figuring out who our friends are with the loss of Delegate Schmiegel. Those relationships are being formed now. As they are fostered, we will work with them to introduce bills that benefit all of us. Please keep in mind that we need to nibble at the edges of the current situation and celebrate every small victory we can get. It took many years to get where we are and will take a lot more time than we would all like to get those items back.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    As discussed, please wear blue (preferably something from MSI, but anything blue is good). A blue scarf is a perfect compliment to a suit and overcoat, or casual attire; whatever, MSI blue is the easiest way for us to identify one another, and make it clear to our representatives that we are all together and support the Second Amendment.

Hopefully they can get the hats someone mentioned.

mkFWrtzKJrrcv-oJ3-2f-_w.jpg

I found a listing for similar hats from New Era so they are out there.
    I'd like to see the Blue Self Defense is a Civil Right stickers as well.

Mr H

Banana'd
    As for goals for this session?

Speaking only for myself, I think we'd be well served to stay with the "eating an elephant" approach... one bite at a time.

New GA members need to be befriended (or at least put on notice), and communication with the long-timers needs to be continued whether friend or foe.

There may be some small things we can go after, to streamline the laws, and/or reducing the encumbrance on citizens. The 7-day wait, shell casings, and the 1-shot rule for HQLs jump immediately to mind.

Big things aren't available for us IMO... not yet. So, we protect against anything that crops up, and try for little victories.

Again, this is just me thinking out loud.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Ok, that does make sense, and it's better to get something than nothing. However, I don't want us to waste our political capital (and a day off) just to settle for some crumbs thrown our way.
    Something like the 7-day wait would be good, as I don't think anyone can show a reduction in crime or straw purchases from that.
    Maybe we could go for something that would actually reduce crime? Say, reporting more than 2-3 names to NICS a year? http://www.fredericknewspost.com/ar...cle_2ce97173-a837-5e4c-b7b9-32aedd52201f.html This might give us a little pull with the people with half a brain, showing that we care about public safety too.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    It was discussed today at the big MSI meeting.

Should be another great turnout, a hell of a lot of us are taking the day off.

I wouldn't miss it for the world. Tremendous feeling standing among so many great Patriots - citizens, police, military... we all stand together as a show of solidarity.

753342b-solid-color-scarf-blue-lg.jpg

Hopefully they can get the hats someone mentioned.

mkFWrtzKJrrcv-oJ3-2f-_w.jpg

I found a listing for similar hats from New Era so they are out there.
    I'd like to see the Blue Self Defense is a Civil Right stickers as well.

I will try to do all I can to get this accomplished with the hats and scarfs. We had an incredible meeting on Saturday. Filled all the seats and standing room only.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Ok, that does make sense, and it's better to get something than nothing. However, I don't want us to waste our political capital (and a day off) just to settle for some crumbs thrown our way.
    Something like the 7-day wait would be good, as I don't think anyone can show a reduction in crime or straw purchases from that.
    Maybe we could go for something that would actually reduce crime? Say, reporting more than 2-3 names to NICS a year? http://www.fredericknewspost.com/ar...cle_2ce97173-a837-5e4c-b7b9-32aedd52201f.html This might give us a little pull with the people with half a brain, showing that we care about public safety too.

We're starting to see pre-filed bills, so the work begins this week!

Once we can start "doing the math", I'm sure we'll be able to put together better guidance.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

The purpose of 2a tuesday is to let them know we are here and will be here year after year, regardless of what bills are up.

We are there if they decide to do something unpleasant.

We are there if they decide to do nothing at all.

We are there to move forward the issues that matter to us.

We will be there every session, regardless of the weather and we will be voting every November. We are going to keep at them until our issues are their issues and our rights are restored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom