• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Does anyone know if MD legislature members are granted carry permits because of their general anxiety over being public figures?

According to the MSP, permits are NOT granted when member of the general assembly is cited as the sole G&S.

Del. Smeigel, a well known Delegate was denied until he revised his application to include "Business Owner" with monetary cash flow or makes deposits.

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    I missed the part of the Second Amendment that mentioned anything about "level of threat/danger", or about how only special classes of citizens are entitled to their civil rights.

I respect what they're trying to do here, but if people really give a damn about 2A, they should stop trying to carve out "special exceptions" for this individual or that individual, or stop trying to carve out "special exceptions" to FSA for "HBARs" or "SBR 'pistols'", because doing so just legitimizes the illegal laws as a whole.

If the Supreme Court ruled that 2A applies is an individual right, then the right itself is legally "good and substantial". Any talk of "special need" or a requirement to be "greater than 'ordinary' citizens" is discriminatory. The very notion of "ordinary citizen" is segregatory in nature and downright offensive to the notion that "all men are created equal". It creates privileged classes of people within American society, and dictates which of these privileged classes is permitted to exercise their supposed God-given rights.

Instead of trying to make our way into one of these "privileged classes", we should demand that our rights as "ordinary citizens" be respected.

Just curious, has anyone filed for a CCW and cited the 2nd Amendment as their G&S and included the Supreme Court ruling that the 2nd is an individual right? While I would image someone has, maybe I am wrong and no one has tried it?

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    According to the MSP, permits are NOT granted when member of the general assembly is cited as the sole G&S.

Del. Smeigel, a well known Delegate was denied until he revised his application to include "Business Owner" with monetary cash flow or makes deposits.

Wonder how much it costs to incorporate a business with 12,000 equal share partners?

Just kidding
    not to be taken seriosuly
    I do not support efforts to circumvent laws by subterfuge
    that would make me a criminal

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Wonder how much it costs to incorporate a business with 12,000 equal share partners?

Just kidding

Officers and stockholders make a corporation.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Just kidding

Or a MD politician

giggity

Nov 8, 2013
    It would be funny to apply with "good and substantial reasons" written as your reason for applying. They'll deny your application because "g&s reasons" isn't "g&s".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom