• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So what are the chances of getting anything out of committee this year?

In the house, there is a good chance. There are enough Republican votes for a discharge petition so I think we could get at least 1 bill onto the House floor.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    So what are the chances of getting anything out of committee this year?

IMHO it depends on how well our senators and delegates can get the D's to sign on and support their efforts. Key to that is OUR helping them with letters, e-mails and face to face visits to let all elected officials know exactly how each of us feels. If we do not actively participate in the process, our chances of success will be slim at best.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We'll have to talk to Raskin and see if he is willing to give the legislation a chance to be heard like Vallerio, or whether he wants to do a rectal vault veto like Frosh.....

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    We'll have to talk to Raskin and see if he is willing to give the legislation a chance to be heard like Vallerio, or whether he wants to do a rectal vault veto like Frosh.....

Can I place my bet now?

Hold off on that bet mark, remember, frossh was getting reach-arounds from o'mallethead. Raskin isn't going to get that perk.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    If those are the dates, I'll have to excuse myself this year since my wife goes for a hip replacement on 3/10 and I'm pretty sure she won't be healed enough to abandon her two days later.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    In the house, there is a good chance. There are enough Republican votes for a discharge petition so I think we could get at least 1 bill onto the House floor.

*sarcasm*
    im not holding my breath, there is no way the house minority leader that married an NRA coordinator would push for that
    */sarcasm*

Mr H

Banana'd
    Deep? You had 200 people show up for a rally that was planned months ago. I wouldn't call that deep..I would call it pathetic. 200 people in a state with 6 million..I can hear the liberals chuckling to themselves from here..

Thank you for your input.

One day's participation is not my point.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3649423&postcount=161

This forum is an amazing research team, and motivational force. HTH do you think we managed 4500 people on 3/1/13, and a near meltdown of the GA communications infrastructure??

I'm moving forward now.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Deep? You had 200 people show up for a rally that was planned months ago. I wouldn't call that deep..I would call it pathetic. 200 people in a state with 6 million..I can hear the liberals chuckling to themselves from here..

Careful Ron... or some may brand you as an "ingrate".
    300 is better than none... but out of 5.5 to 6 million...? I said the same thing a few posts back. :sad20:

Let me be self-serving for a moment... Before I left home, I wrote a letter to leave with my Reps. I donated time,my day's salary, my gas, made the drive to Annapolis(ok... it's only a 60 mile round trip), paid to park, tolerated the cold(which I friggin' hate), visited my Reps... and I made sure to mention that I have many like-minded friends who couldn't make it today for one reason or the other. But I was there. This event didn't pop up over night. But if you think everyone in Maryland will pay attention to 300 people with a gripe standing in Lawyer's Mall in February... yeah... maybe a few... Hear the lion roar!
    As I said before, THANK ALL of you that organized the Rally and attended, and I get the few that didn't(for whatever reason)... but let's face it...you can't tell me that 2 million people missed the event because of the weather.

Sorry for the rant...
    ...and I type slow.

Mr H

Banana'd
    "More than none" is important, sure...

But anyone expecting huge turnout on a cold Feb. day, when there are no big demons to fight is simply not seeing the bigger picture.

Yesterday is, as dblas has so eloquently explained, a kickoff event to the legislative season. The whole point is to keep people involved throughout the whole session.

Believe it or not, the best time to press the GA is when there is nothing going on. This way they can listen to our positions unpressured, have actual conversations, and potentially see some reason... ESPECIALLY this year, when the landscape has started changing.

Regardless of the naysayers' keening and wailing, there has been--and will still be--plenty of advancement in 2A issues. But only if we keep the pressure on throughout the session, and the years to come.

One day won't do it alone. Nor will a session, or a calendar year. This is about speaking up for the Constitution, our Rights, and simply what is meet and proper.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Thank you for your input.

One day's participation is not my point.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3649423&postcount=161

This forum is an amazing research team, and motivational force. HTH do you think we managed 4500 people on 3/1/13, and a near meltdown of the GA communications infrastructure??

I'm moving forward now.

And it got us what? We were crapped on big time; the Dems are still laughing. I'd like to be more positive, but it ain't gonna happen in our lifetimes. This state is evil personified. It harbors the Illegals and allows criminals to run roughshod, and then slaps their wrists when they do prosecute.

The best we can hope for is that Larry appoints a head of the MSP and gives him/her orders to abandon G&S.

FFLs are fleeing or shuttering their operations in alarming numbers. James River Armory, per posts here, is next up in May 2015. Mark is a good man but when the stuff he manufactures is banned, one can't survive. If he moves to SC, he's made a fine choice. Good luck, Mark!

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret-1984)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom