• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    Just wondering

Another thing to consider is if those are healthy hardwoods, and the arborist bulk up or just drop big logs is to post a Craigslist ad for people to come take your wood. There are plenty here that would probably be interested in that too.

It could turn into amateur hour with people who shouldn't be running chainsaws.

I've found a lot of tree guys in my area prefer to leave the bulk of the trees on the owners property, and get to the next job. Its a chore in itself to haul them to a mill or back to theirshop. A lot of companies I've seen dont usually invest in ultra expensive firewood processing so its not worth the time.

Any success with this? The last person I knew that posted an ad looking for someone to "come take their wood" :moon:ended up Splainin' to the cops what he meant.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I haven't gotten that desperate in scrounging for firewood, but I've seen lots
    ad's, especially after storms. LOL

I am starting to build up a few years supply, versus just being 1 year seasoned supply. I have about 2 dozen pallets with recently split wood piled up nearly as tall as me, almost 6' plus about a cord and a half of oak and apple mixed that was split more than a year ago. Hoping I won't have to get into the new stuff with this winter, 4 months seasoned isn't nearly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom