• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L-feld

Jan 15, 2016
    I'm probably a bit of an anomaly here. I don't think my political leanings are welcome here, so I'll just get this out on the table and then keep my mouth shut. I'm kind of a n00b with guns, but I have begun hunting as a way to make my meat consumption more environmentally sustainable. And because I like game meat. At any rate, I'm not here to talk politics, just to tap into all the knowledge that seems to abound in this forum.

I recently bought my first proper pellet gun (RWS 34 breakbarrel .22), so it's really just been rabbits and squirrels as of recent. I would like to work my way up to a shotgun and hunt whitetail.

Obviously, I also enjoy cooking, so if anyone has great recipes for game meats, or recommendations on tasty animals, I'm all ears. I'm also a big nose to tail eater, probably because my Jewish grandmother me cow tongue and chicken liver nonstop. I don't keep kosher, though, so no worries there.

In addition to smoking meats, I enjoy smoking tobacco, primarily cigars, but I recently acquired a pipe and have been using that more and more.

I'm also an animal lover (which seems to perplex people). I have two beagles that keep my neighbors up all night. I like to joke about taking them hunting, but they're not trained for that and I doubt I will ever have the patience to train them.

I would say those are the relevant facts. I look forward to learning from you all.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Welcome! I can't help you with hunting or game prep, but absolutely love my best friend's step dad's venison sausage! This forum is very different than other forums that I'm on as the people here are friendly and actually like each other. Learn a bunch and feel free to ask questions!

-Whitey

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Welcome to the forum. Don't worry so much about your political leanings, but grow a thick skin if you don't have one. If you like guns and want to contribute in any way, you will get along just fine.

I like food...a...lot, but I will have to look around for game recipes. There is a Cooking and Recipe thread that is a sticky so it should be easy to find.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Welcome to the forum. Don't worry so much about your political leanings, but grow a thick skin if you don't have one. If you like guns and want to contribute in any way, you will get along just fine.

+1 Welcome and don't drawn into inflammatory political discussions (AKA the Watercooler after 50 posts) and you'll be fine. Some of the members on the far right don't even agree with each other!

If you believe in 2A that's all that matters. We all have something in common.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics