• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SlowShooter

SeaWaves not TigerStripes
    Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yes I am talking about the AK.

Last week, I saw a footage on the news about the Paris terror attacks. An AK failed to open fire. This was a good thing, otherwise a lot more Parisien may have been killed. This also demonstrated that the rifle may not be that great as people here may have thought. I use to have an AK and it busts 2 or more rounds every time I pull the trigger.

What is your opinions?

Last edited:

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville

Last week, I saw a footage on the news about the Paris terror attacks. An AK failed to open fire. This was a good thing, otherwise a lot more Parisien may have been killed. This also demonstrated that the rifle may not be that great as people here may have thought. I use to have an AK and it double tap or triple tap every time I pull the trigger.

What is your opinions?

Well no firearm is perfect and all are capable of jamming/malfunctioning. It could have been user error or any number of things. The myths surrounding it are exaggerated just like the myths surrounding all glocks. Proper maintenance and upkeep are key to the life and dependability of any firearm. Thankfully this happened and saved lives.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    There's some pretty old AK's over there. Just because something lasts a long time doesn't mean that it doesn't have a service life. That goes for Glocks, too.

One of the terrorists in the Garland TX attack was apparently using a Sub2K with no front sight. So not all of these guys are well-trained. Some of them, like the Libyans, probably think that "Allah will guide the bullets".

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I thought AKs are dummy proof and built for idiots.

They are not built for idiots. They are not built in caves. They are brilliantly simple.

Anything mechanical can and will fail. In this particular case I think the rifle was a deact that was converted to fire again. Its likely they screwed up the FCG.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    This clearly means every AK is garbage and countries around the world have been dubbed into using a crappy firearm for 50 years.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Between no bolt hold-open, rock-and-lock mags and the reciprocating charging handle hitting something, I've seen a few claim their AK "jammed" through user error. Add in out of spec builds, damage from smuggling, terrorist training based on expendible soldiers, and rifles that have been beaten up in war, and there is a good chance of problems.

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    They are not built for idiots. They are not built in caves. They are brilliantly simple.

Anything mechanical can and will fail. In this particular case I think the rifle was a deact that was converted to fire again. Its likely they screwed up the FCG.

In combat nobody deact. The rifle will be ready to fire until all ammo are gone. You think you can do better in kill?

This clearly means every AK is garbage and countries around the world have been dubbed into using a crappy firearm for 50 years.

They just don't have $ to buy a decent assault rifle.

first question to ask is was the ammo even live?

They use the same wolf ammo as you and I do.

Not savage proof, though.

Honestly, this is what AK lover mumbling about all the time.

Between no bolt hold-open, rock-and-lock mags and the reciprocating charging handle hitting something, I've seen a few claim their AK "jammed" through user error. Add in out of spec builds, damage from smuggling, terrorist training based on expendible soldiers, and rifles that have been beaten up in war, and there is a good chance of problems.

The rifles I brought up never went to wars. They are bought in Europe, provided and used there.

Last edited by a moderator:

jakbob

Oct 13, 2014
    Glen Burnie
    In combat nobody deact. The rifle will be ready to fire until all ammo are gone. You think you can do better in kill?

I have no idea what you are saying. If you are saying that no one deactivated the rifle in combat, I do not think you understand what aquaman is saying.

They use the same wolf ammo as you and I do.

where did you get this info? I'm curious.

Please use multiquote... please.

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have no idea what you are saying. If you are saying that no one deactivated the rifle in combat, I do not think you understand what aquaman is saying.

where did you get this info? I'm curious.

Please use multiquote... please.

I believe that he try to say the combatant put the gun on safety. For the ammo, beside Wolf what else can you buy in Brussell?

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland

Last week, I saw a footage on the news about the Paris terror attacks. An AK failed to open fire. This was a good thing, otherwise a lot more Parisien may have been killed. This also demonstrated that the rifle may not be that great as people here may have thought. I use to have an AK and it double tap or triple tap every time I pull the trigger.

What is your opinions?

I don't believe that the Daesh's AK had a failure {due to malfunction} to fire outside that Paris restaurant {although it could have happened}. He possibly ran out of ammo, or decided not to shoot them --- Though I've jammed two of my AK's twice, by pulling the charging handle half-assed back, too see if I had a live round in the chamber --- Instead of ejecting the live round out of the ejection port, the live round ejected into the lower half of the receiver and lodged in the trigger group; thusly jamming the trigger --- Field stripping is the only remedy, for that type of jam.

My AK's are outfitted with the Tapco trigger group...that does have a tendency to bumpfire, unless the trigger is pressed all the way back, as opposed to leaving my trigger finger resting on the trigger; just after the sear breaks.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Depends on where the AK is made...if its a cheaper knockoff version I can see it having problems. Any gun not cleaned or taken care of will have problems even the AK. Ammo not taken care of is just as bad a problem as a neglected rifle.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    And it could have been 'beater' AKs. Beggars can't be choosers in France as far as assault rifles go. Mix-matched parts smuggled in. Who knows? Could be anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom