• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, I've finally gotten my Lee Auto Disk Pro working with my Loadmaster, but now I'm finding a different problem.

I cannot get the ADP to throw charges of Titegroup less than 3gr. I even bought the micrometer accessory, but that didn't do the trick (and it doesn't seem terribly reliable at minimum cavity anyways, and leaked a lot). Switching powders is an option I'd like to avoid, because I really like how TG works in 160gr 9mm loads.

My next move is probably going to be to buy a micro disk reproduction. But if there are other options, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Erwos I've had luck calling Lee with some small problems and they have a decent data base of tricks. If I might ask how many grains are you shooting for as I have a bunch of 165 gr. to play with. I load 9 mm on a Dillon which is a little faster than my Lee turret.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    As stupid and tedious as it sounds, get a container of powdered graphite and run it through your measure. You will get a nice slick coating on everything that will not interfere with the powder, and it can close up some gaps in the setup. I have fixed several Lee powder measures that way.

genexd

Mar 18, 2014
    2.5gr of TG... pretty small charge, but it works well.

I bought the micro disk reproduction off of eBay for the very same reason. Not the prettiest thing but it works. They actually added Allen screws to each hole so you can fine tune your settings. Even at 3x the cost of the Lee original, it still beats hand weighting each load.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    the micrometer charge bar is not going to work with a charge that low in volume. just look at where it lines up with the hopper.

the micro disk reproduction is a good alternative, as is the set screw trick on a regular disk. take a regular disk with a cavity about 1/3rd larger than you need, and drill and tap it for a set screw the same diameter as the cavity. the goal is to make your own micrometer. there are pictures if you do a google search.

3.0 tg is an awfully small volume charge. it may be problematic regardless. good luck.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I'm able to get 2.6gr of TG with my Dillon powder measure and my Lee Perfect Powder Measure.

two totally different powder measures.

however, the lee perfect powder measure can be adapted to the lee powder through expander die with a couple plumbing fitting from home depot. it actually used to come oem with loadmasters set up for calibers that used charges in excess of what the lee double disk could produce. if you can find the entire linkage setup, it is safe you use on the loadmaster, but without the entire linkage there is more risk of missed or double charges.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I wound up buying the Titan micro disk. We'll see if it fixes the issue (reviews on their website seem to claim it does for TG, anyways). I am pretty excited about this Loadmaster, it really seems like it's gonna let me crank out a fair bit of 9mm without a ton of effort... well, except for the innumerable hours I've spent trying to set it up. :P

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I wound up buying the Titan micro disk. We'll see if it fixes the issue (reviews on their website seem to claim it does for TG, anyways). I am pretty excited about this Loadmaster, it really seems like it's gonna let me crank out a fair bit of 9mm without a ton of effort... well, except for the innumerable hours I've spent trying to set it up. :P

i liked my loadmaster. it cranked out ammo quickly and consistantly enough. i did most of the simple diy fixes and only had about a 1 in 100 primer seating failure rate.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ugh. The primer system was annoying, but I eventually got that working reliably. It's a relatively clever design that could have used a couple very small reliability tweaks. :P

The case feed system has been giving me problems, too, but I think I've traced it back to a bent slider bar. (How that happened, I have no idea.) We'll find out when the new one comes on Thursday.

Glad I started off on a single stage - dealing with progressive press shenanigans while trying to learn to reload in the first place would have been pretty rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom