• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    http://wiki.marylandshallissue.org

Marylandshallissue.org has launched a wiki for the benefit of the community. If you don't know, a Wiki is a knowledge base that anyone can edit. Anyone can read & benefit from the Wiki. Registered users can edit and create new articles.

How You Can Help

Consult the MediaWiki User's Guide or watch this short video for information on using the wiki software. Then, logon at wiki.marylandshallissue.org using your MSI username & password.

When contributing, please keep in mind our core content policies:

• All articles must be relevant and strive for verifiable accuracy.
    • Citing reliable, authoritative sources, especially when the topic is controversial - so that anyone reading an article can find and verify information provided.
    • A neutral point of view - we characterize information and issues, rather than debate them
    Where To Get Started

Subject matter experts (authors) are needed, as are fact checkers and organizers (editors)! Edit an existing article, or start a new article. As long as the topic is relevant to Maryland firearm owners. Any entry or edits you make should be as accurate, unbiased and written from a neutral point of view. Also, please remember to attribute (footnote) as many statements as possible.

--

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. is an all volunteer, non-partisan organization dedicated to the preservation and advancement of gun owners' rights in Maryland. It seeks to educate the community about the right of self-protection, the safe handling of firearms, and the responsibility that goes with carrying a firearm in public.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Please help when you can folks.

This will save many a frustrated rant when someone asks, "is X firearm banned?", or "what's the HQL?"

Contributing is just about every bit as easy as posting in the forum :)

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    ARay is doing a great job setting up a framework to list Maryland ranges.

Everyone can help him in two ways;

1. Review the range info ARay has already posted to insure it's accurate and complete.
    2. Add or expand the information on ranges you frequent or are familiar with.

The MSI PediA is a Maryland 2A Encyclopedia anyone can edit. It's easy. Give it a try today!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Some things could be a double edged sword ... explaining how MD FFL03's can acquire certain handguns without going thru MSP needs to be carefully worded so that the Wiki doesn't become the blueprint for new restrictive laws in the next legislative session

There are ways to optimize every presentation

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    CyberPunk, thanks for the kind words, even though I'm just barely getting started.

Time permitting I plan to add a bunch more ranges in tonight. I have a list of ranges to add in, but I'm sure I don't know of all of them so simply posting URLs onto this thread will ensure that I capture everyone's favorite ranges in that list. I don't mind doing the editing work for everyone but collecting the data in a comprehensive way will require the help of all. Thanks!

(Hat tip to Dave MP who long ago did a lot of work compiling a range list. I'll certainly be baselining this list off the pioneering work he did.)

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    ARay
    Suggest you make a wiki "template: range" for ranges.

List all the ranges and let crowd sourcing fill in the details of their favorite ranges.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks to many who are contributing to MSI's new Second Amendment Encyclopedia.
    In case you didn't know, a Wiki is an encyclopedia anyone can edit.

I just overhauled the front page.

Aray, Minuteman, Escapellate, DC-W and others have all contributed, why haven't you?

Subject matter experts are needed. For some of you, this is your chance to step up instead of complain.

This is a good page to start contributing to: http://wiki.marylandshallissue.org/index.php?title=Maryland_Handgun_Permit

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thanks to many who are contributing to MSI's new Second Amendment Encyclopedia.
    In case you didn't know, a Wiki is an encyclopedia anyone can edit.

I just overhauled the front page.

Aray, Minuteman, Escapellate, DC-W and others have all contributed, why haven't you?

Subject matter experts are needed. For some of you, this is your chance to step up instead of complain.

This is a good page to start contributing to: http://wiki.marylandshallissue.org/index.php?title=Maryland_Handgun_Permit

I've got lots of vids and pics of our Open Holster Rallies ... e.g. BEFORE 2A Tuesday was 2A Tuesday, as well as 2A Tuesday vids and pics. Could you use them and is there a way to post ?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I've got lots of vids and pics of our Open Holster Rallies ... e.g. BEFORE 2A Tuesday was 2A Tuesday, as well as 2A Tuesday vids and pics. Could you use them and is there a way to post ?

Those would probably not make a relevant encyclopedia article, but would defiantly be desirable for the website and MSI History.

Please consider donating them on a thumb drive or put them in a Dropbox.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Those would probably not make a relevant encyclopedia article, but would defiantly be desirable for the website and MSI History.

Please consider donating them on a thumb drive or put them in a Dropbox.

I have the 2012 OHR pics and vids shared out on my OneDrive HERE:

Feel free to download and post to MSI's website.

I'll pull together some other pics and vids that document MSI's historical involvement if you want to make that a section on it's own. Let me know.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I don't think any of my knowledge is of use, but I am thankful for those who have. Its well done.

Thank you all.

Don't be so sure, as the wiki grows, there might be something that catches your eye that either needs updated or an entirely new article needs to be written for a side subject.

Suffice to say, there is a wealth of knowledge on this board and the MSI Wiki is just catching the surface getting started.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    More content for MSI history ,,,

Where ever you wish to include them to share with the membership.

I have the 2012 OHR pics and vids shared out on my OneDrive HERE:

Feel free to download and post to MSI's website.

I'll pull together some other pics and vids that document MSI's historical involvement if you want to make that a section on it's own. Let me know.

Pics from GRPC 2012, Patrick's talk, and Emily's talk.

Attachments

• Patrick Shomo GRPC 1.JPG
      Patrick Shomo GRPC 1.JPG
      22.7 KB · Views: 353
    • Patrick Shomo GRPC 2.JPG
      Patrick Shomo GRPC 2.JPG
      21.6 KB · Views: 353
    • Emily Miller GRPC 1.JPG
      Emily Miller GRPC 1.JPG
      11.9 KB · Views: 352

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    To make this a success, we first need everyone to contribute what they know to the wiki. If a topic doesn't exist, create it. If information is wrong, edit it. If there are no sources, add references. If it could be explained better, reword it and/or add pictures & diagrams.

Second, we need you to respond to questions (that are repeatedly asked here and elsewhere) with a link to the answer on the wiki. That is a lot easier than repeatedly typing the same answers (eg how to get an HQL, or what is required of new residents).

YOU are the leader you have been waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom