• danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Maryland are lazy..

MARYLAND:

Declaration of Rights

Article 2:

The Constitution of the United States, and the Laws made, or which shall be made, in pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, are, and shall be the Supreme Law of the State; and the Judges of this State, and all the People of this

State, are, and shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or Law of this State to the contrary notwithstanding.

You seen few laws.. References to another right? Lol

Now compare that to the constitution of other states. e.g. Pennsylvania (1790).
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/beararms/statecon.htm

Keep in mind, state guarantees to the right to bear arms mean little if judges are not willing to enforce it. For example, IL also has such a provision, but the ban on carry was not ruled unconstitutional under the federal 2A until recently.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is no longer needed. Gangs and thugs already have constitutional carry in maryland and are already in complete control.

Yup, that's the way it is.

I signed anyway. Awaiting the spam.

And Muleskinner, if you post on this site you're already on a couple of lists and probably being monitored. Screw 'em all. Enjoy yourself!

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Flying_Pig.jpg

Ain't that the truth!:lol:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Declaration of rights... Article 2. ;)
    Like the politicians follow em anyways.. Lmao

Art. 2. The Constitution of the United States, and the Laws made, or which shall be made, in pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, are, and shall be the Supreme Law of the State; and the Judges of this State, and all the People of this State, are, and shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or Law of this State to the contrary notwithstanding.

So...ummm...where does it specifically say "right to bear arms"?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The first paragraph is wrong...there is not provision in the MD Constitution for right to bear arms.

Paragraph 5 is misleading as well, since the 2015 legislative session is now over, how do they expect to submit a "2015 Maryland Constitutional Carry bill".

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Art. 2. The Constitution of the United States, and the Laws made, or which shall be made, in pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, are, and shall be the Supreme Law of the State; and the Judges of this State, and all the People of this State, are, and shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or Law of this State to the contrary notwithstanding.

So...ummm...where does it specifically say "right to bear arms"?
    Does everything have to be put on your faces? Lol

It states that the US Constitution is the supreme law of the state. :P

For the slow folks.. That means.. Yes.. 2nd amendment is part of MD Constitution.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey, it's not just the Inside the (495) Beltway voters. Balt and the rest of the I-95 corridor gets credit/ blame aalso.

But no , Md does not have an EXPLICIT Keep & Bear Arms in the State Constitution. Yeah I get the thing with Art 2 and acknowledging the US Const wholesale . But if it's so subtle that we argue over it , It darn sure doesn't impress the Nti gunners or the uninformed masses.

This online petition has no potential to actually *do* anything. I'm all for symbolic guestures, and indulge in them regularily.

Kind of comes down to your opinions on NWGR ( NAGR , finger slipped, erase key not working).

[ After seeing their Main Guy testify in '13 , I looked into them ( aka him ). Sincere ? Seems to be. Developing into more than one maan show ? Waiting to see. Effective at Lobbying or public outreach ? Waiting to see.]

Yup, that's the way it is.

I signed anyway. Awaiting the spam.

And Muleskinner, if you post on this site you're already on a couple of lists and probably being monitored. Screw 'em all. Enjoy yourself!

I've been on the lists before it was popular...Anyone who is a veteran is on at least one, anyone who did what I did in the military is on a very different one..

fishertodd

ΜΟΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    May 12, 2013
    The first paragraph is wrong...there is not provision in the MD Constitution for right to bear arms.

You are mistaken. The second article of the Maryland Declaration of Rights incorporates all articles of the Bill of Rights, including the 2A. Also, as you probably already know, the Bill of Rights does not grant US citizens any rights, rather it only enumerates those rights already bestowed on us by God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom