• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    No. There were 8 reviews. They are just heard by the board with no input from the applicant. I don't see the point really if you are an applicant. Of the hearings, 1 was reversed and 1 sent back to the MSP with additional info. There is no way of knowing what the 8 reviews entailed. I personally did not hear what the applicants were asking. If someone here heard the reviews, pipe up.

Of the 3 hearings, it sounds like 2 will be changed. One by the board and one by the SP with the additional info submitted by the applicant.

So 2 for 11. I am just trying to get my head around the nnumber.

Does aanyone know the numbers before the new memberscame aboard. Close to 0 i would expect.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    So 2 for 11. I am just trying to get my head around the nnumber.

Does aanyone know the numbers before the new memberscame aboard. Close to 0 i would expect.

On the surface, yes, but like I said there were prohibited applicants and I do not hold the board responsible for denying those. They should have never applied.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    An agenda would be nice. I would like to see argument on removing restrictions and if it hunts.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    On the surface, yes, but like I said there were prohibited applicants and I do not hold the board responsible for denying those. They should have never applied.

Just a question , do you think prohibited persons have been applying all along?

To get a true number we must not cherry pic. That would make us as bad as the. antis.

Is there anyway to get the old numbers from before the new members were selected?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

To get a true number we must not cherry pic. That would make us as bad as the. antis.

Is there anyway to get the old numbers from before the new members were selected?

:lol:

We can't even get info about the current board and the meetings.

I don't think throwing out prohibited people is cherry picking. They should have never applied. They can't even own a handgun.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    An agenda would be nice. I would like to see argument on removing restrictions and if it hunts.

I asked and Ms. Street did not have the agenda as of 11:50am today. I think she is bullsh*ting me. She has to know if she sent notice to those having hearings. I think she is sick of me asking for things. Too bad.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    :lol:

We can't even get info about the current board and the meetings.

I don't think throwing out prohibited people is cherry picking. They should have never applied. They can't even own a handgun.

Yeah its kinda sad that there is no info, old or new, available.

As for cherry picking, skipping any numbers make the whole equation wrong.thats just how that works. The good thing is 2 for 11 is better than 0 for 11.

The bad thing is if the board overturns. 2 per month then there never will be enough permits out there to help us once hogan is gone. Three and a half years times twenty four is only 84 new permits if the numbers keep up at the present pace.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Yeah its kinda sad that there is no info, old or new, available.

As for cherry picking, skipping any numbers make the whole equation wrong.thats just how that works. The good thing is 2 for 11 is better than 0 for 11.

The bad thing is if the board overturns. 2 per month then there never will be enough permits out there to help us once hogan is gone. Three and a half years times twenty four is only 84 new permits if the numbers keep up at the present pace.

There just isn't the volume of quality applicants.....yet.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    And as long as they continue useing S and S there cant be.

Yes there can. I assume you mean G&S, but even with absolutely no standing per the MSP, the board can decide what they wish. They can give a permit to anyone as long as it doesn't violate actual law, not the interpretation of the law.

You can apply with self-defense and they can issue a permit, which the SP would never do.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yes there can. I assume you mean G&S, but even with absolutely no standing per the MSP, the board can decide what they wish. They can give a permit to anyone as long as it doesn't violate actual law, not the interpretation of the law.

You can apply with self-defense and they can issue a permit, which the SP would never do.

Yes g and s.

How many with self defense have been overturned by the board? I understand your meaning but didnt the msp just put out that telling the board to use s and s?

Dont get me wrong, i want things to change, i just dont see much if any real movement just yet.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Yes g and s.

How many with self defense have been overturned by the board? I understand your meaning but didnt the msp just put out that telling the board to use s and s?

Dont get me wrong, i want things to change, i just dont see much if any real movement just yet.

That has been on their website for about a year and they push those cases whenever they can. The board has not formally been made aware. If it has not been addressed by the time my case is reviewed, then I will make sure they know about it.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Yes, but, some of those do not understand that they are prohibited (i.e. 25 year old with a juvenile conviction, is prohibited until age 30, etc.)

On this, we all agree, so there would be several sets of numbers, one that is total applications for appeal, total denials upheld because of being prohibited, total denials upheld because ??, and total number of reversals.

Probably not, and even if we could, probably no way to break them down like above.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Yes g and s.

EDITED: Statements based on wrong information. Ignore.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    This is a direct quote from the HPRB admin,

"There were 8 reviews- all 8 decisions upheld the MSP Superintendent’s Decision to deny and handgun permit.

There were 3 hearings- 1 hearing reversed the decision of the MSP Superintendent’s Decision to deny and handgun permit, 1 hearing was sent back to MSP and granted pending additional information, and 1 hearing decision upheld the MSP Superintendent’s Decision to deny and handgun permit.
    "

Wait a second those details can't be right for July...
    July 7th was "no meeting was held".
    July21st, there was only 4 reviews and 2 hearings according to my notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom