• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    That's awesome. Makes me want to hear a couple of his sermons.

Next up ... Sermon on the Mount with special emphasis on Matthew 5:9

Attachments

• blessed_are_the_peacemakers_note_cards_pk_of_10.jpg
      blessed_are_the_peacemakers_note_cards_pk_of_10.jpg
      26.2 KB · Views: 163

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    You would find a similar sentiment in James 2:14-26, i.e. "faith without works is dead."

Not the same sentiment in my opinion. God gives us strength to do His work. The notion of helping yourself starts off on the wrong foot I believe. That said, you would be silly to pray for work, but not put in any job applications.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    Not the same sentiment in my opinion. God gives us strength to do His work. The notion of helping yourself starts off on the wrong foot I believe. That said, you would be silly to pray for work, but not put in any job applications.

Agreed. A living faith produces works, but even the faith itself is a gift from God so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2
    …8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Ezekiel 33 "... 6 'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand.'

Deuteronomy 22:8, if someone falls from your roof, and you failed to install a safety fence around the edge, you would be held liable for the death of that person. Likewise, in Exodus 21:29-31, if a man has an ox which is prone to harm people, the owner is held liable if he fails to confine it and the ox harms or kills others. If the ox harms someone, the negligent owner is fined. If the ox kills someone, the negligent owner is to be put to death.

The principle could hardly be stated more forcefully: you must protect your life and the lives of others.

Exodus 22:2-3 2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed. 3 "If the sun has risen on him, there shall be guilt for his bloodshed.

sther 8:11-12 11 By these letters the king permitted the Jews who were in every city to gather together and protect their lives -- to destroy, kill, and annihilate all the forces of any people or province that would assault them, both little children and women, and to plunder their possessions...

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Psalm 18:34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze

So several Old Test verses, google foo didnt find mant new test other than the Garden verses. So there is support for self protection though there are as many interpretations for as against. Basically I say its up to you and your version of your god regardless of how it is.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Very nice :)

Question for ya. Say you wanted to carry in church. Would you notify the security team? I ask because I mentioned it to my wife and she said they don't have a problem as lomg as ypu let them know. Obviously if carrying concealed properly no one would know but If, God forbid, something came up and you were to draw your weapon and hadn't notified anyone, they wouldn't know if you were a bad guy or not.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Question for ya. Say you wanted to carry in church. Would you notify the security team? I ask because I mentioned it to my wife and she said they don't have a problem as lomg as ypu let them know. Obviously if carrying concealed properly no one would know but If, God forbid, something came up and you were to draw your weapon and hadn't notified anyone, they wouldn't know if you were a bad guy or not.

If they have a security team, yes. I would inform them. I agree with your thinking as well. I have been trained by my retired L.E. friend on how to best handle the scenario, even then, there is no guarantee one won't take "friendly fire".

It's a crap sandwich to use force without a uniform on. You can be mistaken as a bad guy.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It's a crap sandwich to use force without a uniform on. You can be mistaken as a bad guy.

Got that right. My wife is always plainclothes. Obviously everyone there knows her though. Still, she is not on the "front line" so to speak. She's the only female officer and was specifically chosen to be able to deal with sensitive situations that may arise with a female.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Couldn't the church just allow carry on it's property? In the same way a buisness can allow employees to carry?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Couldn't the church just allow carry on it's property? In the same way a buisness can allow employees to carry?

Yeah, they could. It depends on the locale. In a 2a friendly state it'd probably be a given. In MD it would depend on if they had their own security or if they just granted permission to the congregation. Like Chad I were discussing, mixing up who's good/bad and all ;)

Andras

Aug 12, 2008
    Charles Co.
    'Management employees' still don't have the right to transport a handgun from home to a place of employment. Only the owner or holder of the lease can transport a handgun from home to the place they own or lease.

exceptions:

(3) the carrying of a handgun on the person or in a vehicle while the person is transporting the handgun to or from the place of legal purchase or sale, or to or from a bona fide repair shop, or between bona fide residences of the person, or between the bona fide residence and place of business of the person, if the business is operated and owned substantially by the person if each handgun is unloaded and carried in an enclosed case or an enclosed holster;

(7) the wearing, carrying, or transporting of a handgun by a supervisory employee:

(i) in the course of employment;

(ii) within the confines of the business establishment
    in which the supervisory employee is employed; and

(iii) when so authorized by the owner or manager of the business establishment; or

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    Montgomery County
    Sec. 57-11. Firearms in or near places of public assembly.
    (a) A person must not sell, transfer, possess, or transport a handgun, rifle, or shotgun, or ammunition for these firearms, in or within 100 yards of a place of public assembly.

We have the County victim seal of approval. You are entitled to a criminal. If you do not have one, one will be released for you.

Pray hard, pray often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom