• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I'm looking for a suppressor mount for a Ti Phantom .308 can to mount it to my AR but I want the new style smooth mount. YHM is selling them but won't let me specify because they are still trying to unload the uglier versions they have in stock.

Or if anyone has any other less ugly options I would be very interested. :)

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    ummm I thought they were completely sold out of all of them in 12x28 (556) Not sure if you were looking to use the 30 cal can on a 223 or 308.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Their website shows them in stock but it said that they couldn't guarantee which style would ship so I put a note in my order that if they couldn't send me a new style one to cancel my order. Well they canceled my order and didn't even say why. Guess I will have to give them a call. Not trying to be a pain in their ass but I don't want the fuglier one and it's my money so I'll wait till I know I will be getting the new style. I was hoping someone may have had some in stock local somewhere....

And yes I am looking for a mount to put the 7.62 can on an AR, so 1/2" thread.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Well they canceled my order and didn't even say why. Guess I will have to give them a call.

Their website specifically says they will not give you a new one if you ask. There is zero ambiguity as to why they canceled your order. Why would you call? There is no reason to, they wont guarantee you a new one! These things are brand spankin new, you are going to just have to wait.

-Jim

Last edited:

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Tell me something I don't already know...... And I will call to see if they had any idea when the old ones are gone so I can then buy the one I want. I understand completely why they would want to unload the old ones first, I just don't want one and will wait, like I said. I just figured a quick note wasn't too much to ask in the name of CS....

Sent from my C771

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I'm looking for the same thing. When I select the thread type and try to put it in the cart it says out of stock, no backorder.....

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The new mount's besides the shorter threads are NOT an improvement. Without the recesses the brake can cut the carbon out of the blast chamber.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    It let me order one but then the next day I just got an order canceled Email.

Chad from reading the description the difference looked to me that the end of the flash hider was supposed to do the cutting? I mainly just liked it because it was quite as damn ugly as the one with the ribs on the outside. There is someone else who makes a mount that's a Muzzle brake but I do a lot of dynamic shooting next to people and won't do it to them. lol
    Picture.... http://prntscr.com/tgqib
    Function:
    - The new Carbon Scrapers (Teeth) removes or scrapes carbon from the internal support system of your can.
    -The Dual Support System supports and aligns the suppressor to your bore
    -Our 5 Port Design decreases visible flash
    -The External Locking Mechanism keeps heat away from the spring mechanism
    - A New High-Temperature Spring holds up better over a longer service life
    Style:
    -Aggressive Teeth for a mean aggressive look
    -We removed the External Grooves for a sleek smooth look reduces carbon build-up for easy clean up
    -The Dust Enclosure hides and protects all internal moving parts within the our quick disconnect system.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The grooves in the older mounts used to assist in cleaning carbon off the Blast Chamber. Less surface area because of the grooves also kept the device from locking itself into the suppressor when carbon builds up. It appears to be marketing B.S.

The only improvement on the new mounts IMO is the shorter threads what makes the can easier to attach and remove with less screwing/unscrewing. The new more heat resistent springs are a plus too, but I have yet to cook a spring on a semi auto. Full Autos, yes.

All the rest is just fluff IMHO

If you dont like the looks of the YHM Mounts then buy one of these to cover them:

I have a few and they are planning on making a longer 7.62 version. They work as a thread protector, make the gun look nicer and keep the concussion away from the shooter (Especially in SBR's)

dsc_0948_1.jpg

kac_qd_brake.jpg

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/qd-brake-shield-simplistic-shooting-solutions.html

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    The grooves in the older mounts used to assist in cleaning carbon off the Blast Chamber. Less surface area because of the grooves also kept the device from locking itself into the suppressor when carbon builds up. It appears to be marketing B.S.

The only improvement on the new mounts IMO is the shorter threads what makes the can easier to attach and remove with less screwing/unscrewing. The new more heat resistent springs are a plus too, but I have yet to cook a spring on a semi auto. Full Autos, yes.

If you dont like the looks of the YHM Mounts then buy one of these to cover them:

I have a few and they are planning on making a longer 7.62 version. They work as a thread protector, make the gun look nicer and keep the concussion away from the shooter (Especially in SBR's)

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/qd-brake-shield-simplistic-shooting-solutions.html

You just answered a question I hadn't even asked yet. Saw a pic of an SBR with a Flaming Pig style break I had never seen before and now I know what it was... Thanks! :thumbsup:

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Just had them on the phone, YHM said they aren't going to start building the new style ones till this summer, yet they are out of the old style now. He said they will be making more of the old style first for some reason though but they don't expect them to be in stock for another month or two. (scratches head)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Just had them on the phone, YHM said they aren't going to start building the new style ones till this summer, yet they are out of the old style now. He said they will be making more of the old style first for some reason though but they don't expect them to be in stock for another month or two. (scratches head)

There may be some old style ones at Scotts. I think a large shipment of YHM stuff just showed up today (Im not there, so it may have not been mounts). I ordered like 20 of the 5.56 mounts several months ago.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I like that, thanks Chad. :) I take it that version will be too short if I bought the mount for an AR for my 7.62 can?

Yes it would be too short (But it WILL work) on a 7.62 YHM mount. They have a 7.62 version in the works that could be used on a 5.56 AND a 7.62 Mount (No need for the shorter 5.56 one unless weight or length is a issue)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You just answered a question I hadn't even asked yet. Saw a pic of an SBR with a Flaming Pig style break I had never seen before and now I know what it was... Thanks! :thumbsup:

Glad to help.

Alot of people pit Flaming Pigs on AR's when they shouldnt. The Flaming Pig increases Backpressure. Unless you have an undergassed gun you shouldnt add a Flaming Pig. People buy them because they look cool and dont realize they may be causing problems.

The Weapon Outfitter Covers dont increas backpressure, but give you nice clean looks so they are fine for any YHM Q.D. mount application.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    There may be some old style ones at Scotts. I think a large shipment of YHM stuff just showed up today (Im not there, so it may have not been mounts). I ordered like 20 of the 5.56 mounts several months ago.

Let me know if you do and set it aside for me. :) Thanks for the help

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011

dsc_0948_1.jpg

kac_qd_brake.jpg

Hey Chad... I need one of those...

- Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom