• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I did a search and just found very old threads with little information.

I just ordered ammo from PSA and they sent an email saying they don't ship to Montgomery County or Annapolis. The general consensus that I did find was there was a law that they were following that was struck down years ago.

So is there any reason now why they cannot ship? Is there anything I can point them to that might change their mind? Meanwhile I gave them a VA address to use.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    http://www.leagle.com/decision/1985842302Md540_1795.xml/MONTGOMERY%20COUNTY%20v.%20ATLANTIC%20GUNS,%20INC.

old law found to be illegal. MD Court of Appeals

The State Act regulates both loaded and unloaded handguns, and expressly preempts all local laws regulating the same subject. Bill No. 17-82 restricts the wearing, carrying, or transporting of loaded handguns. It is therefore invalid. JUDGMENT OF THE CIRCUIT COURT FOR MONTGOMERY COUNTY AFFIRMED. PETITIONERS TO PAY COSTS.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Doesn't matter that it's legally OK.

I sent info to PSA from NRA-ILA regarding this, and numerous emails, including one to the CEO. They're not going to ship to MoCo.

Even though they used to.

Very annoying. I see little point in buying anything from them, any more.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    I only buy from PSA when the deals are too good now. I used to buy a lot from them in the past including rifle parts. Their shipping takes too damn long now.

I'd keep a lookout on Ammo Seek for SGammo. If its listed its in stock and out the door plus their shipping is fixed so you can do the mental math, usually its like $12 for a 500 case of 5.56 and $16 for a full 1000.

Not affiliated just a happy customer.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Doesn't matter that it's legally OK.

I sent info to PSA from NRA-ILA regarding this, and numerous emails, including one to the CEO. They're not going to ship to MoCo.

Even though they used to.

Very annoying. I see little point in buying anything from them, any more.

I provided the cite in case the OP wants to pursue the issue with PSA. I agree it's far easier to do business with a company that isn't too lazy to know the law.

PSA is off my list of vendors to do business with.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I provided the cite in case the OP wants to pursue the issue with PSA. I agree it's far easier to do business with a company that isn't too lazy to know the law.

PSA is off my list of vendors to do business with.

I did pursue this with them and sent them the links and cites but they still refused. They cancelled that order and wouldn't redirect to my out of state address either but said I could order again and put an out of state address.

Sounds like a hard rule put in place by one of their higher-ups and is not up for debate. Oh well.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've read a lot of posts complaining about PSA here yet, a lot of Md'rs still order from them. I'm scratching my head. I have no need to visit their site. I prefer to shop elsewhere. Am I being stupid?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    nah

I've read a lot of posts complaining about PSA here yet, a lot of Md'rs still order from them. I'm scratching my head. I have no need to visit their site. I prefer to shop elsewhere. Am I being stupid?

Nope. You just want to get your schnit and get out without delay. :)

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Screw PSA, they don't care to learn our laws when its spoon fed to them. I stopped doing business with them when they screwed me on a pre 10/13 lower. Plenty of other places to buy guns and ammo that won't screw you because their lazy.

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    I guess I see both sides here. PSA is a business, but in the case of firearms/ammo businesses are forced to know the law in every locality/jurisdiction/nook and cranny. I'm sure its maddening and also potentially costly with attorney fees when they go wrong (what I'm guessing they're afraid of in this case).

On the other hand I've never had a problem with them (AA Co) - but if I did I'd happily shop elsewhere. Lots of other places with good deals as well. If they don't keep up with laws as well as they should, somebody else will, and take the business. That's the beauty of capitalism :D

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I did a search and just found very old threads with little information.

I just ordered ammo from PSA and they sent an email saying they don't ship to Montgomery County or Annapolis. The general consensus that I did find was there was a law that they were following that was struck down years ago.

So is there any reason now why they cannot ship? Is there anything I can point them to that might change their mind? Meanwhile I gave them a VA address to use.

I can see PSA's point, even if it makes things harder for us. They don't want to get sucked in to a legal action, and the easiest way to avoid an issue is to just not have to deal with it.

If the ammo gets shipped UPS, why not just have them ship it to the UPS store in Mt Airy?

http://mountairy-md-5907.theupsstorelocal.com/

It is in Carroll County right near WalMart, and a much shorter drive than VA.

If you have a My-UPS account, you can have the shipment diverted to the store, where you can pick it up.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I can see PSA's point, even if it makes things harder for us. They don't want to get sucked in to a legal action, and the easiest way to avoid an issue is to just not have to deal with it.

If the ammo gets shipped UPS, why not just have them ship it to the UPS store in Mt Airy?

http://mountairy-md-5907.theupsstorelocal.com/

It is in Carroll County right near WalMart, and a much shorter drive than VA.

If you have a My-UPS account, you can have the shipment diverted to the store, where you can pick it up.

They won't bother to do this, because your billing address is in MoCo. You're missing the point - they cannot get sucked into a legal action, because the law they're obeying no longer exists.

The easiest way to avoid the issue is to not have to deal with PSA.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    They won't bother to do this, because your billing address is in MoCo. You're missing the point - they cannot get sucked into a legal action, because the law they're obeying no longer exists.

The easiest way to avoid the issue is to not have to deal with PSA.

My billing address is not in MoCo.

And the OP posted:

They cancelled that order and wouldn't redirect to my out of state address either but said I could order again and put an out of state address.

Which i gather means that the billing address didn't matter to PSA as much as the shipping address did.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My billing address is not in MoCo.

And the OP posted:

They cancelled that order and wouldn't redirect to my out of state address either but said I could order again and put an out of state address.

Which i gather means that the billing address didn't matter to PSA as much as the shipping address did.

Well, good luck then.

I still think the final solution is to buy elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom