• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    So how much have these jumped up to? Have seen some crazy pricing and bidding in GB. Have all calibers jumped?

Roadhawg

Bee Farmer
    Jul 18, 2014
    Free America
    Seems most places are sold out, that should drive up prices.
    I guess, I am lucky to have a couple.

IMG_3947_zpsff5a6225.jpg

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    I picked up the last one 2A sales had in stock and it was like $900. Cheaper than I have seen most places selling them for. This platform is entirely new to me so I am still doing homework on what converting it entails. I really like the look of those guns Roadhawg!

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Pretty much everything Saiga and VEPR has jumped and is being sold as "preban" now... :sad20:

Converting is pretty easy. With the Saiga 12, you'll typically have to cut a hole for the pistol grip nut. The hammer is also a little different, you'll either want to retain the origial hammer or will need to relieve the new one slighly to clear the center support.

K-VAR has a great front-end.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Saigas don't always cycle birdshot out of the box. There is typically a "break in" period shooting buck or slugs which makes them more reliable on low brass. Polishing the action just replaces the break in period (if it was needed to begin with).

IMO it's more cosmetic, I've always like the shiny bolts on Chinese AKs.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Rico I was looking too. Was also looking at the catamount fury 2 clone. They use different mags than vepr12 or saiga and 10 round is biggest. Also dunno anything about modifying magazines if even possible. They are cheap and not banned though.

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    Anyone planning to do the modifications on a Saiga 12 should check out Lone Star Arms in Albuquerque, NM. I sent my S-12 to Mike Rogers at LSA and he completely modified it so it now shoots anything I load it with and I have had NO FTF or FTE. The gun fires faster than I can pull the trigger, I have one photo with 4 12 gauge casings in the air. Save yourself a lot of time and money and invest in a real custom job. My model is named the "Signcutter" a truly wicked unit.

Attachments

• Lone_Star_Arms_Signcutter-Side_116165705_std.jpg
      Lone_Star_Arms_Signcutter-Side_116165705_std.jpg
      51.7 KB · Views: 367

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I have a converted one that I was thinking about posting in the classifieds. Is a converted one still kosher to sell to md?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom