• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I know it was kind of unconventional, but thought it would be fun. And it was so much fun.

Here are the results.

1 Handgun sold. Our cost was $329 + $20 shipping. Total investment $349. Customer offered $355, offer was accepted. When we initially processed the sale he needed a bore lock. He messaged later saying he had one. We gave him the cash back. We were out the tax from already processing the sale in our system.

$6 profit - $1.80 sales tax from bore lock.

Total profit = $4.20

So all in all it was very successful. We are happy with the results. :rolleyes:

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    That's nearly a 1.25% markup, stop the gouging and you would be flush with business. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't work out better for you. I thought it was a rather creative idea.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    A great offer no doubt.

For me it was poor timing due to summer vacation. I'd guess a few folks are either A) Out of town B) Low on funds

Good idea none the less and I think it really throws it back at the folks who complain about someone making a buck. Here was a chance for all the cry babies to show up and make a cause for themselves. They stayed home.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I missed the sale thread but it was a neat idea. Not sure what I would offer but something closer to the % generally accepted in restaraunt tipping seems more correct.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I saw the sale thread and was afraid that people were going to take advantage of this. Too many folks who just go for the lowest price possible. I'm glad that your company wasn't abused although it would have been interesting to see more data

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I saw the sale thread and was afraid that people were going to take advantage of this. Too many folks who just go for the lowest price possible. I'm glad that your company wasn't abused although it would have been interesting to see more data

I put the sale out there. I was prepared for the abuse. Just wanted to see what would happen. I would have liked more data as well. Maybe we'll try it again around the holidays.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    We won't discuss pricing here, I'm not going to list all our handguns here. Please stop in, all deals need to be in person.

It was an issue of distance and inability to assess your stock for me. I didn't want to call and tie you up (and annoy you!) for a half hour while I asked for every single handgun you had in stock. :lol2:

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    It was an issue of distance and inability to assess your stock for me. I didn't want to call and tie you up (and annoy you!) for a half hour while I asked for every single handgun you had in stock. :lol2:

I probably should have listed current inventory.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I agree with posting inventory. Half the guns I buy are because I see them posted here and decide I can't live without them ;)

This. Finksburg is a haul for a lot of folks for a crap shoot or impulse buy. I would have liked to see the inventory. Or at least some of it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Let us know if you have any C&R handguns, too. No HQL needed for them, although the 77r and the 7 day wait still apply, of course.

If you could find some decent old S&W or Colt revolvers made before 1964, you might interest a few people. Also 1911s, BHPs... any handgun made before 1964 is exempt from the HQL. Many are fine, shootable handguns.

I myself would be interested in a pre-'64 Browning Hi Power.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Sorry missed that thread. Really enjoyed my interactions and service on the lowers,50th 10/22 and vz. Great prices as well. Will for sure be back once the play money is restored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom