• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Didn't see anything posted so I figured I'd post it. As the title states from what I'm hearing, Jim's Hideaway in odenton is closing it's doors. Tomorrows the last day. I haven't been there in years but was a decent place to eat. Looks like its for renovations.

Last edited:

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    Seems like it was a little too much of a hideaway and not such good food lately... re: "nine years but never heard of it",... "I haven't eaten there in several years, but".

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Guess I'll give them a try when they reopen. I've lived in the area for quite some time and have never heard of the place either. Seems like they're good based on reviews.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Guess I'll give them a try when they reopen. I've lived in the area for quite some time and have never heard of the place either. Seems like they're good based on reviews.

They weren't, really. It was more of a biker bar with pretty terrible food the last few years, from what I heard. Back in the day it used to be a decent spot and popular for crabs, so I hear.

But if you want some good BBQ and good atmosphere, definitely try The Hideaway after it opens. It will be very popular.

They weren't, really. It was more of a biker bar with pretty terrible food the last few years, from what I heard. Back in the day it used to be a decent spot and popular for crabs, so I hear.

But if you want some good BBQ and good atmosphere, definitely try The Hideaway after it opens. It will be very popular.

The last few years it was owned/operated by someone who bought it from Jim (maybe around '02-'03) but still operated under the name.

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    Back in the day it was famed for crabs and for the killer sliced beef and fries with lots oif brown gravy . Was ann NSA hangout at lunchtime, locals at night. Can't wait to try new owner's barbecue ...

Beef, fries and gravy still done right at the Sunset in Glen Burnie. Big portions but only available at lunchtime I believe...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Clear back in the day, when I was stationed at the First US Army Band at Fort Meade (1990-1992) I spent a bit of time at Jim's Hideaway. It was easily accessible from Fort Meade when Meade was still an open post, and it was easy to get to out of that back/side gate. I had a fantastic all-you-can-eat crab feast there with my folks once when they came out to visit - I think it was the day before my 21st birthday. (No one bothered to card me - I think there may have been an attitude that, "if you're old enough to die for your country, you're old enough for a beer!") Beer pitchers were flowing, crabs were being picked, and we made a really nice evening of it - it stands out as one of my favorite memories of that time in my life.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Hmmm. Will have to check this place out when it opens. I wonder if they'll do lunch takeout.

Reading the article and the expanse of their menu the overhead on this place is going to be pretty high. Hopefully they can stay afloat.

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    Ah - Henkels - home of the 9 pound open faced roast beef and gravy sandwich!

YEAH Henkels!!!! Thin shaved ham piled high on a kaiser roll with lettuce,tomato and onion slathered with mayonnaise. Add a cold Natty Boh, a hot pepper and playing "Pong" on the video console...A nice break from working at the Puzzle Palace...

About once a month my former boss' would treat us to Henkels,IIRC the first time I had anything from there was 91' and couldn't wait until the next one.When they were closing they made one final trip and I swear the car bumper was dragging when they came back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom