• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    I am having my trust done and have purchased a lower so I can make it an SBR after Oct 1st.

My question is this, Can I swap uppers from say a 11.5 to a 16" and back again as long as I have my paperwork? If not, I am probably going to grab one more lower

I searched but couldnt find the answer. If this has been discussed, please post the thread link

thanks

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I asked this recently. You can put whatever upper you want on it... another SBR, a different caliber, whatever you want.

AS LONG as you can easily take it back to its registered configuration. So if you register as 11.5 in 556, you can swap for a 10.3 blackout, 16"556, anything... just keep that 11.5 close by.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I asked this recently. You can put whatever upper you want on it... another SBR, a different caliber, whatever you want.

AS LONG as you can easily take it back to its registered configuration. So if you register as 11.5 in 556, you can swap for a 10.3 blackout, 16"556, anything... just keep that 11.5 close by.

I agree I have two uppers for my sbr lower. an 10 lwrc in 6.8 and a 11 inch 556 daniel defense and the ffl told me to use any upper as long as I kept the original upper in the safe with the original lower.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    ... I kept the original upper in the safe with the original lower.

Yes the point here is that you are able to get it back to original configurations if requested by the ATF. You don't need to do so at the range. If you change something and can no longer get back to the original configuration, then send the ATF a letter with the new config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom