• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    been awhile since I posted, been burning the candle at both ends and the middle with full time school, full time work, and family, but all the extra work paid off with my new purchase. This Penn Arms PL6 37mm launcher comes to me courtesy of a shut down prison [ you can see the original prison label on the stock] you can fire 6 shots in rapid succession, break open, reload, and fire without rewinding the drum. the drum tension allows you to do this at least three times before rewinding. future mods to include top picatinney rail, angled holo sight, and sling. I also plan to add a DD stamp in the future so I can load up some buckshot and flechette rounds for this launcher. this is definitely a new favorite.:party29:

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    a prison must have gone out of business somewhere as almost all the launchers the seller had were labeled as different posts and housing units. The seller was listing them on gunbroker, but The only ones I see now are the ones that someone bought from him and jacked up the starting price to make a buck.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    not sure how many buck will fit, American specialty ammo sells the payload cups and reload data, I will wait until I get a tax stamp before I get the info or else I may get tempted

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    another interesting feature is you can skip over a chamber by only lightly pulling the trigger, allowing you to use specialty ammo when you need it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What do those run, about a thousand bucks? If I had a place to shoot it, I'd buy one. Hell, the shock value alone would almost make it worthwhile.

Maybe if my folks move to NV, I'll buy one, stash it with them, and shoot it in the desert.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I didn't think you needed a tax stamp for a 37mm; only the 40mm. Is that incorrect?
    Sorta. You don't need to register a 37mm launcher as a DD _if_ the only thing you fire out of it are flares. If you want to fire chalk, buckshot, grenades, or whatever, it needs to be a DD. (Yes, chalk rounds are now verboten... too bad.)

40mm launchers are ALWAYS DDs. That's the difference.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I snuck mine through at 805.00 plus shipping. they should still have a few left on gunbroker. opening bids are at 650

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    That's launcher is Exlax to a liberal. :lol2:

I didn't think you needed a tax stamp for a 37mm; only the 40mm. Is that incorrect?

legal with no tax stamp
    fireworks
    bird bombs*
    smoke rounds
    tear gas disperse
    tear gas air burst
    tear gas smoke
    flares
    smoke "practice" or dummy rounds

legal with stamp
    buckshot
    baton rounds
    bean bag rounds
    "chalk" rounds
    flechette rounds
    tear gas impact
    stingball rounds

*bird bombs must contain less than 50 grains of black powder charge and are considered wildlife control devices.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    just located a dealer who sold me 50 full length aluminum reloadable shells for 100 bucks! to anyone who shoots 37mm, that is a hell of a discount. looks like I may have a reloadathon

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Not as cool as yours, but I just picked up a single shot model Penn Arms 37mm launcher from Shooter's Discount. It's pretty bad arse!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      94.9 KB · Views: 729

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads