• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    when the DSA receivers were available how much did they cost? and were they really wiselite receivers like most say they were ?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    when the DSA receivers were available how much did they cost? and were they really wiselite receivers like most say they were ?

I don't know but its not that expensive of a gun. I would probably just buy it built. I have looked a little bit at them and the barreling of the receiver looks like a pain. Unless you are going to reweld the receiver, its probably not worth building a kit. $2100 for the gun built... some ARs are more... I don't know, maybe I will look to get a kit....

I do think these would be a great belt fed. I have never shot one in semi or FA but would like to.

Its the one semi auto I am tempted on that I have not made a move on. I wish it had a tripod... thats one things its really missing.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I don't know but its not that expensive of a gun. I would probably just buy it built. I have looked a little bit at them and the barreling of the receiver looks like a pain. Unless you are going to reweld the receiver, its probably not worth building a kit. $2100 for the gun built... some ARs are more... I don't know, maybe I will look to get a kit....

I do think these would be a great belt fed. I have never shot one in semi or FA but would like to.

Its the one semi auto I am tempted on that I have not made a move on. I wish it had a tripod... thats one things its really missing.

I like that it has a bipod and a stock over a tripod. I bought a kit for really cheap and I am thinking about buying another but dont thin the DS receiver with it is work $650

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have one that was built on a DSA receiver from an unissued matching kit. The receiver is clearly marked DSA and, judging by the Quality, I have no reason to doubt that it was made by anyone but them. My understanding it that wiselite only built finished firearms for DSA, they had nothing to do with actually manufacturing the receiver. I will say that, for me personally, I would not buy a finished rifle from them because of all the problems that were encountered by various folks. The guy who built my rifle is a Class II manufacturer who had a boatload of experience building firearms. In fact, he built his personal RPD as a full auto. He told me that it was one of if not the most challenging build that he has ever done. There were many, many little details that had do be done just right in order to get it to function properly. Also, some of the semi auto parts were not to his liking (quality and uniformity were both lacking) so he had to make some of them from scratch. After delivery to me, teething problems developed as it wore in. I traced all of the problems to poor quality aftermarket parts. I made my own and or modified existing parts as needed. Now, it works 99%. The ONLY problem I have every now and then (very seldom) is a light primer strike. It simply was not designed for semi auto firing from a closed bolt. There are no feeding issues or jams of any kind. His full auto runs 100% every time all the time. So, in my opinion, the only way to make 100% sure that you are getting a Quality build with an RPD is to have it custom built for you by someone who knows EXACTLY what they are doing. The RPD is a lot of fun, cheap to shoot and surprisingly accurate. It's typical Warsaw Pact; built like a tank and reliable. You pretty much cannot hurt it, even if you try. Here it is clean:

After mud testing (It just would NOT jam):

And here's my initial 100 yard sight in target. The groups are numbered with "7" being my final group:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Always sort of wanted one, not my highest priority right now.

Did these make the ban list?

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    nice and yes I would have a custom guy done all in all only be in 1500 bucks the guy I trust completely and has done many builds for me

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    nice and yes I would have a custom guy done all in all only be in 1500 bucks the guy I trust completely and has done many builds for me

Sounds like a lot of money to me! You can get it custom build and spend a ton on it buy its still only going to be worth about $2-$2.5K.

Have you checked out Project Guns? They have a good reputation and do their own RPDs.

I have not been following issues with them and different manufactures. Its not really the most complex gun, so I don't know why it would have a lot of issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom