• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Watching SNF and Bob Costas (Who I have always thought was a good broadcaster) felt the need to point out that if Belcher had not had a gun he wouldn't have killed his GF or himself.

It was the gun's fault don't you know...

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    No doubt his girlfriend would still be dead. He just woulda used his hands or a knife. As for himself... Who cares, he's a murderer.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    heard the tail end of it, and I knew it would only piss me off to rewind but I did it anyway.

It was all the fault of the American gun culture? Handguns make us want confrontation, armed people make convenience store disagreements turn to bloodshed, etc....

Talking out of his a$$ with no clue...

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    I am glad to see this made it here, cause I was getting on to post about it. I haven't liked Bon Costas as a commentator for a long time. To me he lends no real sports perspective due to lack experience. His rant tonight to me shows his ignorance both towards sports and towards the firearms community.

His comments remind me of a picture I saw once. There was a protestor with a sign that read "gun sellers are criminals because they sell guns that kill people". Standing next to him was a "overweight" gun store owner also holding a sign reading "and spoons are what made me fat".

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Bob Costas is an unprofessional *******. Using his position as a sportscaster to voice his personal, anti-American beliefs is irresponsible and reprehensible.

Fvck him and NBC.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    The problem with many of these anti gun idiots is that they project their own inability to control themselves on others. Never, in any confrontation with ANYONE, have I thought to get my gun and shoot them. Taking someone's life isn't on my radar screen except in defense of my family. Taking my own life has never been a thought. Murder, as well as suicide, is an illness. Nothing will stop that person. They will always find a way.

Bob Costas obviously has that type of mentality to say that. I believe he may have damaged his career by saying that. I sincerely hope that is the case.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    NBC lost me as a viewer when they chose not to honor the 9/11 moment of silence and interviewed Kris Jenner about some Kardashian Krap.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I was thinking his car........ :cool:

Yeah, like that POS in Fla who killed a guy while driving drunk. No mention about the evils of drinking and how those big cars are such deadly weapons.

I read it was a K.C. newspaper editorial that he was quoting? If true, I wonder who's genius idea it was to quote it on air.

What a friggin' bunch of bulls*%t!!!!!!

sheat36

May 24, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    That was the biggest load of crap I've seen in a long time. Costas should be fired and nbc sports should apologize to the family of the young lady that was MURDERED and for the fact that they used as this tragic event as a political circus.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Yeah, like that POS in Fla who killed a guy while driving drunk. No mention about the evils of drinking and how those big cars are such deadly weapons.

I read it was a K.C. newspaper editorial that he was quoting? If true, I wonder who's genius idea it was to quote it on air.

What a friggin' bunch of bulls*%t!!!!!!

The guy he was quoting was jason Whitlock..... same asswipe that said

On February 10, 2012, in the middle of the Knicks' 92–85 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, with Jeremy Lin scoring a career-high 38 points, Fox Sports columnist Jason Whitlock posted on Twitter, "Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple inches of pain tonight. Hyphen wrote that Whitlock "reinforced the insipid and insidious 'small Asian penis' stereotype.

I wouldn't know like Whitlock apparently does since I'm not a meat gazer. :sad20:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    The guy he was quoting was jason Whitlock..... same asswipe that said

On February 10, 2012, in the middle of the Knicks' 92–85 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, with Jeremy Lin scoring a career-high 38 points, Fox Sports columnist Jason Whitlock posted on Twitter, "Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple inches of pain tonight. Hyphen wrote that Whitlock "reinforced the insipid and insidious 'small Asian penis' stereotype.

I wouldn't know like Whitlock apparently does since I'm not a meat gazer. :sad20:

JFC, and Cosell got shitcanned after the "look at that monkey run" comment??

UFB!!!!

I'm underwhelmed and unsurprised by the hypocrisy.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

UFB!!!!

Jimmy The Greek? :lol2: Thing is Greek meant ZERO disrespect.... it was his opinion. :shrug: Cosell wound up keeping it because people KNEW Howeird was OK on that shit. He had a lot of black players bat for him.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009

UFB!!!!

I remember that MNF game back in 1983. Redskins vs. Dallas. Cosell refered to Skins DB Alvin Garrett as a 'little monkey'. Media didn't really make a big issue about it; Cosell said he didn't remember saying it.

Jimmy the Greek got hosed over the 'black swimmers' remark. He wasn't being racist or insulting - he was simply pointing out some physiological differences between blacks and whites.

People are way to frikkin senstive. Everyone is a victim.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I should have put a disclaimer in my statement or phrased it as "didn't someone get in trouble about a comment about black athletes"?

I was a youngster when the Jimmy the Greek and Howard Cosell stuff happened. I knew there was something just from hearing it through the years. I usually don't post something if I'm not sure about it and will ask a question.

I guess this what happens when I post while extremely pissed off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom