• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Long and short for those who haven't seen my other posts, I am self-employed(Realtor). They want the brokerage whom I am affiliated with to write a letter that states they "want" me to be armed while working and affiliated with this broker. The brokerage will not permit my manager to sign such a letter and I completely understand why. I am furious as I meet all of the "G&S" reasons and my interviewing trooper said I looked like a standard case for them.

IT'S ON!

screen_shot_2015-02-25_at_3.17.04_pm.png

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Absurd. You are self-employed.

You might want to consider changing your Avatar. The Hogan administration may not appreciate the skull when you are asking for a permit. Just from a PR perspective.....

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012

You might want to consider changing your Avatar. The Hogan administration may not appreciate the skull when you are asking for a permit. Just from a PR perspective.....

Yes, particularly since it's the same skull logo used by The Punisher, who's whole deal is that he takes the law into his own hands.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

I understand and appreciate the advice, but I am too furious right now to cave to the PC image and change it. It may hurt me in the long run, but since when have I given a crap? :D

:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54:

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Would it help to have the brokerage write a letter stating that you are self employed and they have no authority over the question of you being armed?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So much for the Hogan administration being friendly to the 2A!

Doesn't mean they are not friendly. The 2A battle, whether we like it or not, relies on PR as much as anything. I understand the fundamental Right argument, but stomping our feet will get us nowhere.

That is just one person's (my) opinion. I do not contend that people need to listen to what I say.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    That's Chris Kyle's logo with the date of his murder.

It may be. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but the image has connotations of revenge killing and taking the law into your own hands. Probably not the image you want to convey if you're trying to get a CCW.

I'm going guess that you don't read a lot of comic books.

punisher_ver6.jpg

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Doesn't mean they are not friendly. The 2A battle, whether we like it or not, relies on PR as much as anything. I understand the fundamental Right argument, but stomping our feet will get us nowhere.

That is just one person's (my) opinion. I do not contend that people need to listen to what I say.

There is an analogy that tends to work:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

There is no stomping of the feet, nor breath holding. Policies will be reviewed, and changes implemented.

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Can't believe that Wes or Gary or Paul won't do you that solid!
    Maybe your own Brokerage is in order and as a requirement the REALTORS® must all be able to demonstrate their ability to defend themselves. You can have rules that IC must follow to be affiliated with you

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There is an analogy that tends to work:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

There is no stomping of the feet, nor breath holding. Policies will be reviewed, and changes implemented.

Policies need to be changed. Making noise is good. Hogan (and everyone in Annapolis, for that matter) is a politician first and foremost. He will oil the wheel that makes him look best. We need to make it appealing for him. If you want to win the game, you need to play the right way. At the same time, I would never suggest that anyone compromise their principles. We all have the same goal. Tim is a good test case for this. Handsome, well-spoken, family man.

BTW, Inigoes, I wasn't suggesting you were doing any foot stomping in my previous post. I don't know that it came across quite right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom