• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swagtimecharles

I'm all out of gum.
    Sep 30, 2011
    Upper Marlboro
    As the title states I have about a 35 inch draw length and I can;t really find a place locally that even carries these in stock for me to try to get a feel for. I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on manufacturers that might tailor towards longer armed individuals such as myself.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    Dang! How big a boy are you? You have to 6’8” plus. I know your pain I have a 32.5 inch draw length. Today’s compound bows only go to about 31 inches stock and even they are getting harder to find. The large local bow shop I used to go to in PA was a Matthews, Hoyt and others dealer. I wanted a Matthews at the time but when he called they were not interested in building a bow with any extra draw length. He picked up the phone to Hoyt and they after asking what I wanted in a bow recommended a bow, cam and limb combo that they would build and ship to the dealer for final setup. It took 2 weeks and didn’t cost anything more that the stock model on the dealer shelf. It fit perfect out of the box and is still a sweet shooter. I would find your local Hoyt dealer and have him give them a call.

Good Luck,
    Walt

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I've never even heard of a bow that long. Even the old '80's bows that were always too long didn't get much past 32 or 33". Good luck with that.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I also installed a longer bowstring to allow for the extra draw length so the bow is fully drawn when I am. I am (or was before I started loosing discs and joint space) 6'5". And a release can add another 1-1 1/2".

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    PSE Freak will go to 33". I have never met anyone with a draw that long.
    Are you 7' tall ?

A release will not change the draw length only the anchor point.

XFireBowstrings

Custom String Maker
    Nov 26, 2011
    Denton MD
    Shaq had a 33 inch draw and Mathews special made him a Pro Star that was 46inch axle to axle....

Ben Rothlesburger is shooting a bowtech that is 32 inch draw, not sure which one it is.

Any bow company I'm guessing would special make one for you? I know Mathews and Bowtech have..

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Holy hell, just saw this, but who measured you? Make sure you stand with your arms straight out in front of you (not out to the sides) and measure from your chest straight out. What size arrows do you shoot? I bet it's like shooting a log! The arrows would have to be really thick if you're shooting a decent poundage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom