Undisclosed location

Attachments

• jimmy_wang_yang1.jpg
      jimmy_wang_yang1.jpg
      15.9 KB · Views: 230

powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Went to the range to try my new SIG 2022 & Bushmaster 16" I got from Engage. It was awfully crowded, the sig shoots beautifully, but the bushmaster got complaint from the guy next table of flying brass, so I could'nt fully try it out.

I been going to Mytle Grove range for almost 20 years off & on, and I do like the setup where you can shoot both rifle & pistol from the same bench. But I think, I need to consider joining AGC in the near future.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    Went to the range to try my new SIG 2022 & Bushmaster 16" I got from Engage. It was awfully crowded, the sig shoots beautifully, but the bushmaster got complaint from the guy next table of flying brass, so I couldn't fully try it out.

I been going to Myrtle Grove range for almost 20 years off & on, and I do like the setup where you can shoot both rifle & pistol from the same bench. But I think, I need to consider joining AGC in the near future.

Lately I have been having people say something to me the second I sit down about brass and is it going to hit them and they are usually not to polite about it. I reload and usually keep all my brass anyways but people down there got to understand your going to get hit with brass at times. Everyone should be considerate and try not to hit the person next to you some times it only take moving the rifle or pistol a little forward or back or a slight cant and so forth. There isn't any 100% solution to it and me personally am getting sick of these people that think they are at some high dollar gun range and everything should be perfect down there it's $20 a YEAR you get what you get when someone is hitting me with brass I deal with it or take a brake from shooting for a minute or 2.

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    but the bushmaster got complaint from the guy next table of flying brass, so I could'nt fully try it out.

Thought dealing with flying brass was part of the myrtle grove experience. about the only time it really gets to me, is when its seems to be aimed right at my scope turrets/face when im shooting a rifle, its a tad bit distracting at that point.

I take it a slightly forward or backward position adjustment would work huh? As most of my AR's seem to all throw the brass to more or less the same general position for a given type/lot of ammo.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    With most shooters shooting some kind of semi- automatic firearm, getting hit with brass should be expected. I'm not sure why people get upset about that. This is why dressing up with appropriate clothing is a smart thing to do.

I see people dressed like its an effin beach. Then squirm like worms sprinkled with seasalt when hit by hot brass. It is hard to fix stupid.

I blame crazyal for the tactical beach umbrella... People now think it is a poolside gunrange.

A lot of asshats shooting there lately.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I always use a brass catcher (most people at MG would recognize me by it). It's very functional and completely made with parts I had laying around in the garage.

I'm on the final stage of completing my new stand-up design. It is more of a brass blocker and stands 7' tall and 5' wide. The whole thing breaks down to fit into a 42" bag with just a screwdriver. I'll post pics when I finish it. I posted the early design in another thread, but decided to change the base material to aluminum instead of wood for maximum portability and weight concerns.

There is a brass catcher thread here on the forum somewhere with designs for DIY and links to retail products.

Last edited:

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    To me going to the range and complaining about getting hit by brass is like going to an ice skating ring and complaining about how cold it is. Worst case scenario I catch one down the shirt, my friends and I have a laugh and we go back to shooting. :rolleyes:

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    my sig p556 will toss brass across 6 tables so I maybe I will practice angling the rifle to down the left and dropping brass on the last table's shooter..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom