• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Had a good morning at the Timonium Show,filled a couple holes in my Winchester collection. First is a 1952 52B in fantastic condition for it's age,only showing light use,it is a heavy barrel.
    The other is a 69A,grooved receiver with a period correct Weaver El Paso B4 scope and weaver mount,gun is in 90% condition.
    Now just need some time off to get out to the AGC and shoot them.

Attachments

• IMG_2012.jpg
      IMG_2012.jpg
      55.2 KB · Views: 666
    • IMG_2019.jpg
      IMG_2019.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 666
    • IMG_2024.jpg
      IMG_2024.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 667
    • IMG_2029.jpg
      IMG_2029.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 669
    • IMG_2034.jpg
      IMG_2034.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 666

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Wow....I had forgotten about the 52B. What a great rifle. When I was a kid, about 11-12 I used to shoot .22lr indoor competition at Pikesville Armory ( and outdoor also what is now called AGC, Marriotsville back then :-).

There were many fine guns used, especially the 52B, 40X, and my father bought me an Anschutz ( lower to mid line, right above entry level ) with some great Olympic Sights ( Redfield I think ). I used to feel at a disadvantage as I new very little about the Anschutz brand, imported by Savage back then.

BUT, after winning a few matches :-), that feeling went away quick. What a nice rifle....my father sold it after I first moved out of the home, he was mad, cause I left him all alone with....MOM!! hahahahaha Deep down, they may have loved each other, but man, they sure could not stand each other..hahahaha

He sold almost all of the guns that we had bought together, except the Browning Hi Power. Which, after waiting a year, I have just installed a new BAR STO barrel in it. Man, what a TIGHT fit!!!

Anyways, great find on those 2, they appear to have been very well kept, and that 52B can still shoot x's all day long I bet.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I've grown quite fond of 22 long guns lately, maybe age is tempering the need for noise and foot-pounds of energy.

There's a Remington been listed in the sale section. I've been eying it. Bjust don't have the free cash to get it. Too many other projects and responsibilities

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've bought a lot of .22 rifles the last couple of years but I'm a CZ/BRNO man. Have the others and most don't compare in my book.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have a couple Remington Nylon 66s. IMHO, one of the best shooting, fun plinkers I have EVER used. You can still find them from time to time......

Unbelievable gun. I remember being excited as all get out when I first got one as a teenager. Wish I still had it. All the ones I see now are pitted out and they want too much. Really accurate and even shoot lousy Rem ammo well.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Thanks for everyones kind words, both guns are a pretty good find in this condition more so the 52B as most were used hard over the past 60 or so years.
    Got the scope on it and when the weather improves will get it out and sight it in,scope is a Lyman 20X super Targetspot.

Attachments

• IMG_2038.jpg
      IMG_2038.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 352

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Got the 52B out to the range today and it is a shooter,easy gun to shoot well.
    2 targets, 5 shot 1 hole 25 yard and 5 shot 100yd,this gun may have the potential to be a one hole 100 yard gun.

Attachments

• IMG_2057.jpg
      IMG_2057.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 261
    • IMG_2053.jpg
      IMG_2053.jpg
      40.1 KB · Views: 259

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have a couple Remington Nylon 66s. IMHO, one of the best shooting, fun plinkers I have EVER used. You can still find them from time to time......

Yes sir!!!

I was thinking about this very thing the other day. I have a 66 and a 77 and there is something different about those guns. I think they have a different sound---a crack---crack and feel. Here is my question, Do I buy a 10/22 or buy another nylon 250-300 dollars. I really love the multi-color stock, want one bad.
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/13565...nylon-22-lr-rifle--10-shot-mag--just-like-new

"The Nylon 66 action was a good one, very reliable in function. This was proven by Remington's extensive testing, in which over 100,000 cartridges were fired through individual rifles. It was capable of an extremely high cyclic rate of fire. I remember reading somewhere of experiments where a number of popular .22 rifles, including a Nylon 66, were converted to fully automatic fire. It was found to be the speed king of all the .22's tested, with a cyclic rate of fire that far exceeded that of any conventional machine gun in the world."
    "A Nylon 66 was used by a Remington professional shooter Tom Frye to hit, in the air, 100,004 hand thrown wooden blocks (about 2" square, if I remember correctly) out of a total of 100,010 thrown. This was (and probably still is) the world record for breaking wooden blocks, and was used in Remington advertising copy to illustrate the reliability of the Nylon 66."

I wonder if it was cleaned in between.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom