• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I spent time on Svalbard. It's really pretty there. We rented 30-06 Norwegian Army converted Nazi Mausers in case of polar bear attack.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I was last there 1998 and 1999. Everybody had to have a rifle when outside of the town, most people had the Mausers. I think I took some pictures of the gun we rented, I'll have to dig them up.

We were told to carry the rifle with 5 rounds in the magazine and an empty chamber with the safety off.

If you had to shoot a bear it was pretty bad. We were supposed to try to scare the bear before shooting it. To put it down I think we were to aim behind or below the shoulder.

We shot the rifle at a range outside of town. It was a lot of fun. It made me want to get into shooting rifles. When I got back I bought my first rifle, a sporterized Brazilian Mauser. I brought it from you when your shop was in Arbutus. :party29:

whitelightning777

May 20, 2013
    I'm just curious. Would a Zastava M76 in 8mm be a suitable firearm for that sort of thing? Can this turn into a full time position, such as an armed security job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom