• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    An all metal bumpfire stock that competes with the Slidefire. Heavier, more expensive, but looks like better quality.

Better looking too, IMO.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    If I ever buy one of these new bump fire stocks, it will be with CASH ONLY and face to face with NO PAPERWORK so the ATF won't know where to find it just in case they come looking for these stocks one day.
    All it takes is one little letter from the ATF to ban these stocks like they did a few years ago with the Akins Accelerator.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I like that much more than the Slidefire stock. Of course it also looks like to much fun so I'm guessing these things won't be legal forever. Almost make me want to buy and AK.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Much better looking that that cheap plastic Slidefire stock. I like the fact that they may offer different reciever mounting adapters in the future.

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    I should be getting a chance to check one out here soon ... I will let you know how it stacks up to the Slide fire . But so far teh Slide fire for the price is a decent deal for a "Fun" range accessory:D

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    If I ever buy one of these new bump fire stocks, it will be with CASH ONLY and face to face with NO PAPERWORK so the ATF won't know where to find it just in case they come looking for these stocks one day.
    All it takes is one little letter from the ATF to ban these stocks like they did a few years ago with the Akins Accelerator.

Think of the Lightning Link. I could see these being banned.

That is alot of cash for a stock but... it beats the thousands for FA.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, you guys do realize that the Akins Accelerator was legal after you sent the spring back to the ATF, right? There's no reason whatsoever to think that the ATF is going to somehow classify mechanically-unassisted bump-firing as automatic fire. Reminds me of all the "OH NOES WHAT ABOUT THE ATF?!" that used to surround 20rd S12 drums. There was a very large (and uninformed) portion of the internets that thought MD was going to get S12 imports banned. The ATF has a history of bizarre law interpretation, but "ban it because it's scary" is not really their bailiwick.

As for the Bumpski, I'm undecided. I think the Slidefire looks nicer within a traditional AK setting, but the Bumpski looks better with an Ultimak setup.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I like the fact that the grip can be changed. Man that would be sweet on my AKS-74U or SLR-107UR but they are folders and I don't think this will work on a folder.

It does look better than the Slidefire version, both could use some cosmetic design improvements, but the Bumpski is acceptable.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Dont try and make sense of .gov things A few common sense things here, for te children there..... and wallah!

was legal after you sent the spring back to the ATF, right? There's no reason whatsoever to think that the ATF is going to somehow classify mechanically-unassisted bump-firing as automatic fire. Reminds me of all the "OH NOES WHAT ABOUT THE ATF?!" that used to surround 20rd S12 drums. There was a very large (and uninformed) portion of the internets that thought MD was going to get S12 imports banned. The ATF has a history of bizarre law interpretation, but "ban it because it's scary" is not really their bailiwick.

As for the Bumpski, I'm undecided. I think the Slidefire looks nicer within a traditional AK setting, but the Bumpski looks better with an Ultimak setup.[/QUOTE]

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    The chief of the ATF-FTB is known to have approved the Slide Fire stock after seeing videos of it and has been quoted as saying it was "pretty cool". Everybody who says the sky is falling and bump firing will be banned is doing so out of ignorance, not intuition.

People have been bump firing with and without a sliding stock for years. I can do it with nearly any gun in stock form.

Stop crying wolf when there is no need to.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom