El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Looks good! Give us a range report when you can

Thanks

Jim

Posted a basic one in Dan's forum so I'll paste it here. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Needless to say I was very pleased.

From my GC thread: Took it out today and man was I impressed. Took me a bit to get it sighted in as it was pretty low out of the box but it was dead on centered. I really felt comfortable with the reticle and it didn't appear too busy at all. The adjustment knobs were tight and engaged positively. I was surprised that I could actually get a clear view well before the top setting on the illumination in bright sunlight conditions. I'm sure the Noveske barrel you installed last year helped, but this thing is a tack driver.

Thanks again and thumbs up on the strike eagle. What a great 1-6 for the price.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's a pretty nice scope, which is what you'd expect for $2000.

I was actually planning on going the Burris XTR II 1.5-8x route for my CMMG Mk8 build, which is more $1200 once you factor in a decent mount. Different paradigm than the Elcan, but I feel like 4x is a bit of a waste on a 7.62x51 gun.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I just purchased a Bushnell 1-4 AR/223 First Focal Plane scope with illuminated reticle [Product Number IK-713996] (with free cabela's credit card points). It's currently mounted on a 11.5" AR flat top upper using a PEPR 30mm mount.

Bushnell's video -> http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/vide...oductId=1580700&scene7Id=CII Bushnell2NRA2013

First things first, if I had to bitch about anything, I think that the reticle could be larger. The scope has .1 mil turrets but a bullet drop .223 reticle, so I am not entirely sure how useful milirads is verus MOA with this reticle. This is one of those scopes where you zero the rifle at 25 or 100 yards forget it. It is definitely fast to acquire the reticle in 4x, but the reticle is too small (unless illuminated) for fast work at 1x.

The glass is clear and bright, performance through the range of 1-4x is consistent without darkening. Eye relief is good. Turrets are crisp and turn easily with deliberate force but appear firm enough not to move accidentally, clicks are audible but not excessively loud. Both eyes open shooting will be a breeze in 1x (and it doesn't feel awkward even in 4x).

Overall, having not shot with it yet. It appears to be a fairly decent scope especially considering the sub-$300 price point.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I run the Bushnell 1-4x Throw Down PCL on a 5.45x39 upper, but I am planning on moving it to my Sig 556 SBR once I get a MFI folding front sight on it. I did the math in Strelok Pro, and it looks like the lines should be at about 250, 325, 400, and 475 yards on the Sig platform.

I think it would be the perfect optic if it were a bit lighter and had somewhat better illumination. IMHO, the reticle is perfectly fine (arguably one of the better choices, in fact), but washes out just a bit too fast in sunny scenes. In theory, you should always have the reticle (if it washes out, black should work fine!), but it is slightly slower to pick up. I just make the point of always running the scope with illumination on max and keeping some spare batteries around. As you noted, it's a surprisingly clear optic for the price.

TEN-X

Aug 16, 2011
    Prince Frederick MD
    Burris makes an excellent product

Ihave been usibf Burris scopes for the last 10 yrs. I beat up Leupold Vari X II on a CZ 375 H&H. Switched to a Burris Fulfield II 1.75-5. 800 rds of full charged 300 gr loads and it still going strong. Good eye relief, wide fielld of view and excellent clarity.

The AR scope I like the best for the money is the M-Tac 1-4. I've had this scope on a 16" build for 2 yrs with no problems. The ocular ring does not move when you change power like the Tac-30. I like the reticle for 0 to about 300 yds and its more than bright enough when lit. Haven't been abble to try it longer ranges. Good clarity, light trans. field of view and most importantly for a tactical scope, wide eyebox. I can't tell the difference in clarity from my high end Weaver tactical 1-5X, (MSRP $1000, $670 from Midway) that has Japanese glass. I found the M-TAC on Ebay for $399.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Burris's new XTRII 1-8 looks pretty bad ass. Capped or uncapped turrets, 1st or 2nd focal plane.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/xtr-ii-riflescopes-series/xtr-ii-riflescope-1-8x24

looks awesome for 1-8x and 34mm tube, price is right when compared to similar powered scopes!!!

Definitely a Burris fan, my MTAC is great for $300!!

IMG_6249
    by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6257

IMG_6261

IMG_6345

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    Got the bushnell 1-4 w/throwdown lever for a compact build I'm working on (just need to drill/pin/weld the FH so I can put the upper on the lower) today off PSA. Figured for $150 it can't be too bad a deal with all the reviews I've seen. Not expecting USO clarity, of course. Range toy/possible SHTF toy. ;)

have a primary arms on my .300 blackout SBR, and that's been fine. If this is a little lighter I may swap it out though, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom