• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andrewtac

Feb 18, 2013
    need a SBR AR done, in Lexington Park/California Area.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Please report back if you find anyone in SoMd. I need a few things engraved, and the idea of mailing them out is not an option I want to take.

andrewtac

Feb 18, 2013
    I emailed Rick today, I was cautions in my email.

me
    "Do you engrave firearms? I can disassemble it and bring the lower receiver with nothing on it."

Rick
    "Andrew we do, takes a couple of days just bring it in anytime."

Very happy with the response. I probably won't get to it until September, but will be using him.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I also talked to a pritty young lady at the register in Fred's today. She works at an in home engraving shop. She gave me the number. 240-682-7292 Richard welch

I like giving ricks my money though whenever I can. They were very helpful finding us our wedding rings and bent over backwards to find mine.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Is Rick's an FFL? Can you legally leave your firearm (lower is a firearm) with him for a few days if not to perform a service on it/engrave it?

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    why would he need to be an FFL?

Per the ATF FAQ:

Q: Is a license needed to engage in the business of engraving, customizing, refinishing or repairing firearms?
    Yes. A person conducting such activities as a business is considered to be a gunsmith within the definition of a dealer.
    [27 CFR 478.11]

Unless I'm reading it wrong. ** Actually, re-reading it - it looks like just the fact that you work on firearms (engraving or whatever) they should have a FFL - if you wait or overnight is irrelevant **

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Per the ATF FAQ:

Q: Is a license needed to engage in the business of engraving, customizing, refinishing or repairing firearms?
    Yes. A person conducting such activities as a business is considered to be a gunsmith within the definition of a dealer.
    [27 CFR 478.11]

Unless I'm reading it wrong. ** Actually, re-reading it - it looks like just the fact that you work on firearms (engraving or whatever) they should have a FFL - if you wait or overnight is irrelevant **
    well damn,worth another call...lol

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    "Engraving" as means to enhance , or increase the value of would certainly pertain to engraving of the decorative and artistic kind. Engraving NFA info would make it less atractive , and less desireable to the firearms marketplace at large, so that interpetation would be a streatch.

But there is still the droping off into his possesion issues. I'd be comfortable having it done while I waited.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    "Engraving" as means to enhance , or increase the value of would certainly pertain to engraving of the decorative and artistic kind. Engraving NFA info would make it less atractive , and less desireable to the firearms marketplace at large, so that interpetation would be a streatch.

But there is still the droping off into his possesion issues. I'd be comfortable having it done while I waited.

Just going by what was said above is all.. :)

For me, I'd be comfortable with him doing it while I was present too..

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Anyone get Ricks to do the SBR engraving? Does he know and meet the minimum specs defined by the ATF?

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Not yet, I submitted my paper work this summer so I still have time.

This might help some, http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/257740_Complete_Guide_of_how_to_complete_a_Form_1.html

Thanks for the link. Did you read this part:
    3) Once you have the lower receiver back in your possession with the proper engravings, complete the Form 1 Application.

Lessons Learned: Function check lower and engrave prior to sending paperwork. The last thing you would want to do is SBR a lower that:
    - Doesn't work
    - Gets lost in the mail if sending to an engraver
    - Gets damaged at engraver

andrewtac

Feb 18, 2013
    Yeah rolled the dice. It is a known working lower, getting it engraved locally. Hopefully nothing happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom