Who's our next Governor!?! Gansler or Brown?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    MAYBE, MAYBE from Willy Don Shaffer, mostly because he's dead. My dog running as a Democrat would beat Steele.

One of the OP's choice's doesn't suck any more or less than the other. But I'm sure Willy Don will vote for one of them.

Along with the population of Greenmount Cemetary and John Wilkes Booth. :innocent0

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    being a dino and

I think Brown has a better chance to win the General election

I think I will vote for the weaker in gangbanger in the democratic primary

another way to look at it and I'm sure the politicians did

the general election will be white vs white or black vs white

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    History says it will not be Brown. the Lt. Gov has never been elected Governor.

BUT, lets not forget white guilt that gave us the most unqualified and anti-American President in US history. A city that elected Dixon and Rawlings-Blake will vote for anything. Anyone wonder what Rawlings Blake would be doing if her father had NOT been Howard Pete Rawlings? Maybe picking up the folded dollar bills when the last song is over?

It really comes down to who the Sun tells the idiots to vote for.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Guys...part of being a DINO is being able to run your own candidate in the primaries.

Pick somebody who is a Democrat but pro-2A. A county executive would be best. Get him on the ticket, vote for him in the primary. If (when) the Democrat leadership tries to interfere, raise hell about their undemocratic actions.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Guys...part of being a DINO is being able to run your own candidate in the primaries.

Pick somebody who is a Democrat but pro-2A. A county executive would be best. Get him on the ticket, vote for him in the primary. If (when) the Democrat leadership tries to interfere, raise hell about their undemocratic actions.

You have to remember...the Democrat machine runs things. You may be a DINO to upset the primaries, but that doesn't mean they have to let your candidate on the ballot. Primaries are run by the party.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    True...but then you get to raise bloody hell. Undermine the legitimacy of the Democrat machine.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

This is what I'm hoping for. However, instead of an outright DINO; a more legitimate Democrat, the kind that I, heck, many of us could support.

There is enough time to solicit some of your moderate Democrat leaders, and up-and-coming 'undeclared' leaders. If one of them would run in the primary, it would be a hell-of-an-expensive and interesting race.

Whomever wins the Democrat primary has a huge advantage in the general election.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Well I am staying Republican just to keep operation RINO from taking place . Right now lets work both sides of the fence and see what blue dogs we can rally to our cause .

Operation RINO has been destroying our country for decades. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Gansler or Brown? If this is what it'll be down to, someone please shoot me before October 1st.

(Cause you won't be able to do it after that)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Your next Lt. Governor is Ken Ulman, Howard County Executive.

won the primary by 50 votes. This my friends is why voting in the primary matters so much.

from wiki:
    Ulman first ran for political office in 2002, when he sought the District 4 County Council seat being vacated by former Council member Mary Lorsung. Ulman won the Democratic primary by 50 votes, and beat Republican opponent Joan Lancos in the general election.[4] [5] Ulman served a four-year term as a Council member in Howard County. In 2006, Ulman ran for County Executive against Republican Party opponent Christopher J. Merdon and independent candidate C. Stephen Wallis. A major theme of his campaign was his claim he played a role in preventing the closure of Columbia’s Merriweather Post Pavilion. Ulman won in the general election with 52 percent of the vote and was sworn in on December 4, 2006.
    Ulman is Chair of the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board and Chair of the Baltimore Metropolitan Council. He serves on the Maryland Association of Counties' Board of Directors and the Board of Directors of the County Executives of America.
    On June 3, 2013, Ulman announced that he would be running for the Lt. Governor of Maryland alongside Anthony G. Brown in 2014.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The key to being an effective DINO is watch and wait to see what unfolds then vote as a block. Until the primary is close you can't make a decision, when the time is close then you look at both the Democratic and Republican candidates to see if you will vote for the weakest Dem. or the Dem that will do the least damage to the 2nd Amendment. If the leading Republican is someone who has a legitimate chance of winning the general election then you vote for the weakest candidate. However, if it is certain the general election will go Democrat then you vote for the least damage to the 2nd Amendment.

Remember the primary is not just about the Governor, all the other positions are as important even local races because those are the people who will be moving up in the party ranks in coming years. Every race counts and every vote counts; vote conservative even if you loose because the vote counters will analyze who got what votes which will guide their planning in the future. If they see more conservative votes being cast in the primary along with increased crossover voting in the general election it will send a message, remember the real thing they are concerned with is getting elected and they will change their spots if they have to to get elected.

Also do not vote for anyone running unopposed or for judges "continuing in office" because they will win anyway but if very few people vote for the position it will encourage others to run for those positions. Finally if you don't know who the candidates are or politics they stand for then always vote the incumbent out because the less seniority they have the less damage they can do.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At this point we don't even need to think about Gansler vs Brown.

Since getting on the ballot only requires signatures , there will be at least one more off the wall Dem running. No mater if they are guano crazy , or belong to CPUSA and NAMBLA , we need to give support , and send donations to them. Our imeadate goal is to get them to poll enough above zero that Gansler and Brown will have to respond to them. Then as we get much closer to June , we can think about who to actually vote for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom