• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    FYI 90% of when you hear "gang violence" its BS media sensationalism. I'm not saying this is the case here but it's usually crap.

When you were young did you and your friends have a name for your little group that generally was a joke....I know we did. I know another member on here did as well. That's what the media considers gangs.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Parts of Montgomery County are getting tough.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...487f14-18ba-11e4-9e3b-7f2f110c6265_story.html

Do you think he got an HQL to make sure he legally purchased that handgun?

I grew up there riding my bike all around town with friends when I was as young as 9yrs old, but nowadays, I wouldn't even want my own kids to leave their grandparents house when they're babysitting. Sad...

Wheaton has become the dumping ground for the worst of the worst in MoCo.

So not the safe, multi-cultural, peaceful place it used to me. :(

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    FYI 90% of when you hear "gang violence" its BS media sensationalism. I'm not saying this is the case here but it's usually crap.

When you were young did you and your friends have a name for your little group that generally was a joke....I know we did. I know another member on here did as well. That's what the media considers gangs.

I can appreciate that sentiment, but they even did a story on MS13's prevalence in Wheaton on some Nat Geo special on gangs. I see the tags all over, even deep in the burbs there. Sucks, especially when my elderly folks still live there...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I grew up there riding my bike all around town with friends when I was as young as 9yrs old, but nowadays, I wouldn't even want my own kids to leave their grandparents house when they're babysitting. Sad...

Wheaton has become the dumping ground for the worst of the worst in MoCo.

So not the safe, multi-cultural, peaceful place it used to me. :(

I beg to differ......and not to be argumentative.......the mall area is and always will be crap but the rest of it is getting better IMHO.

Germantown/Gaithersburg/Montgomery Villagethat's the area to watch out for in 10 years to many town homes that the owners bought years ago, are keeping them as investments, and section 8ing them because it's guaranteed money.

As for your MS13 statement your 100% right! I was more referring to these small "gangs" as they say.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I beg to differ......and not to be argumentative.......the mall area is and always will be crap but the rest of it is getting better IMHO.

Germantown/Gaithersburg/Montgomery Villagethat's the area to watch out for in 10 years to many town homes that the owners bought years ago, are keeping them as investments, and section 8ing them because it's guaranteed money.

As for your MS13 statement your 100% right! I was more referring to these small "gangs" as they say.

There is a brand new Safeway grocery store across from the Wheaton Metro and evidently the shooting was near there.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42

Yes, but we didn't murder, rape, and rob people.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring

Understood on the small gang stuff - I do hope its just hype. I myself never heard of that "gang" before this article.

Oh and I hope you're right on Wheaton getting better. Its just that I find it ironic that places like the new Safeway highrise were supposed to help doll up Wheaton, and here we have this kinda shiz goin on in spite of it. Just look at the loiterers in the Dunkin Doughnuts right across the street - 24/7! Just like the mall, you can doll up the place, but the prob's are with the riff raff all up in there.

Totally agreed on The Village as well. I sell/rent property up that way, and over the last 5 to 10 years, about 85% of that stuff - townhomes on Goshen and on up to Montgomery Village Ave has all quite swiftly converted over to rental property, and very blighted. Craptastic off site property management doesn't help either. Those in the nice McMansions across lake Whetstone must weep...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The folks in MoCo are idiots. They think the way to deal with dangerous criminal illegal aliens is to just import more of them to see if the next batch is better behaved.

There is a storm coming MoCo, but you are not looking.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I firmly believe the press plays down "gang" activity. Especially in democratically controlled areas. Optics.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The 13-year-old slipped out of the vehicle and concealed himself in shrubbery, police said.

Sounds like the kid was in the Monty Python gang, not the Little R gang.

Moco should take a lesson from hoco. We do not have a gang problem because the police and media never mention the G word. Gang tags are merely graffiti and gangs themselves are "groups of kids."
    Problem solved. :)

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Yep, it was called Boy Scout Troop 372 ... :rolleyes:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    :lol2:
    Yep, it was called Boy Scout Troop 372 ... :rolleyes:
    :lol:

Seriously, gangs are fulfilling the need in these kids lives that family doesn't.
    Scouting, 4H, team sports, etc. would help a lot of them, at least some.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Sounds like the kid was in the Monty Python gang, not the Little R gang.

Moco should take a lesson from hoco. We do not have a gang problem because the police and media never mention the G word. Gang tags are merely graffiti and gangs themselves are "groups of kids."
    Problem solved. :)

Following the tried and true liberal/progressive practice, just call it something it's not ... like their bumper sticker slogan.

Attachments

• chooseinsanity.jpg
      chooseinsanity.jpg
      23.4 KB · Views: 1,221

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Not to thread jack ...

The graffiti tag 'GBA' has been showing up even more frequently in SoAACo. Does anyone know if it's gang related and has it shown up anywhere else in the state ?

GBA Graffiti Tags Spotted in South County. Police Want to Know About It.

Some sources online, including Urban Dictionary, said that GBA started as a street tagging crew out of Riverdale and/or Annapolis. One report indicated that they began as a graffiti crew but turned into a feared street gang.

The Intelligence Unit of Anne Arundel County Police Department had not heard of the group until our inquiry.

Some of the members of the crew, according to their public Facebook profile, live in West Baltimore. It is unclear what brought them to South County

Wanna make an 'educated' guess ?

GBA Assessment with Anne Arundel County Police

This 2013 meeting mentioned the Gang Page on AACoPD for more information about local gangs, but I can't find that information link.

"Artwork"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom