• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    AR doesn't make much sense to me as a HD gun where I live, I'd be too scared of over penetrating and killing a neighbor. Glock21 .45 ACP next to my bed is good enough

It is fine if you are at the top of the stairs looking down. It will just embeded in the ground.

That being said, the Saiga12 or a handgun is better.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    As others have mentioned, if we're using the Common Use for HD definition, we've allowed them to control the argument. Turn it around on them:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The debate over "the people" and "shall not be infringed" has been going on for decades. I propose another debate.
    Necessary: required
    The 2A is the only place I have found that makes an action required (necessary) of the people.
    Security: the state of being free from danger or threat.
    Note that this is different from defense (the action of defending from or resisting attack.) Defense only occurs when security has already broken down.
    So essentially, the 2A requires all citizens to be armed to aid in providing security for the state. It's not about defending your home, it's about securing the country, and that can't be done in the modern age with spitballs and rimfire.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    BvJ2PFICAAEMGzR.jpg

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/16/store-owners-guard-ferguson-stores-with-their-own-guns/

Regardless of how many times they're used for self-defense, the hope is is that they'll never have to be used that way.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If you really want to know if AR's are in common use, you have to look to a sample a bit larger than MDS.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    here's a spreadsheet of all the military surplus given to law enforcement departments in maryland 2006-2014.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oWEQaMC4NB3u0IfQtg2K1wfZwbUMcmaz6PHi8uH4Vbc/edit

id like to see a count of each type of weapon per county/department, vs the number of officers in that county/department. id like to see just how common their use is in md law enforcement. I think it woukd make a surprising stat in our favor. however im in a cast and cant sit in front of a computer right now. anyone want to take up the chllnge?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    It has been estimated that at least 3.3 million AR-15 rifles were sold in the United States between 1986 and 2009. In its ubiquity, the AR-15 is a modern musket—the default rifle with which law-abiding Americans exercise their right to keep and bear arms.

This is pretty good .....http://www.assaultweapon.info/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom