• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    An AOW is a concealable weapon (defined by BATF as less than 26 inches OAL) with two hand grips and no stock. If you want a stock, it's a rifle or SBR.

Have you considered going with a Sig Brace instead of a stock and an OAL greater than 26 inches so you can run a VFG and not fall into either the SBR or AOW categories?

The Sig Brace is the Sig PSB (Pistol Stabilizing Brace) I mentioned in my post.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, because 9mm has never killed anyone. In fact, a dude shot me on my way in to work with a 9 last week. Seven times. They all bounced off though, so I'm fine. ;)

Just remember why the FBI stopped using the 9mm.

And the US Military is planning on moving away from the 9mm also.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Just remember why the FBI stopped using the 9mm.

And the US Military is planning on moving away from the 9mm also.

Just remember that the FBI is moving back to 9mm :P

And more than likely nothing will come of the Army looking into moving to another cartridge.

Regardless, with modern defensive ammo, you should be good to go with whatever caliber you choose.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just remember that the FBI is moving back to 9mm :P

And more than likely nothing will come of the Army looking into moving to another cartridge.

Regardless, with modern defensive ammo, you should be good to go with whatever caliber you choose.

I run JHP for pistol and FMJ(XM 193 or M 855) in the AR. No need for JHP in the AR, due to the way the bullet fragments and tumbles when it impacts soft tissue.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The M855 seems to not fragment and tumble like the XM193 and 77 gr OTM rounds.

There is a new round M855A1.

The M855A1 offers several improvements other than being lead-free. It is slightly more accurate, has better consistency of effect in regards to wounding ability, and has an increased penetrating capability.

CLYDE3011

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2011
    It does if you don't have a billion dollars to spend on ammo and you actually want to shoot the thing. ;)
    Correct, the primary reason for the 9mm AR is cost of ammo. There is also the fact that at the end of the day, it will be an AR looking 9mm gun. I bought it as my 'fun gun' but lets face it, one can only be impressed with a 9mm ar for a certain amount of time.

I got my 1st SBR a little bit ago (Adcor Bear 5.56) and i think a bug has bitten me. I submitted Form 1s for 2 of my existing guns, one being the LAR-9) and I am having Precision Firearms help me out with .300blk sbr

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom