• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Just about 90 days for me too.

They said my application was processing on 13 May, got it in the mail yesterday, 16 Aug. I'd bet it was printed and mailed on the afternoon of the 13th.

Restrictions: None, good for two years.
    Former or current LEO?

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    One of my co-workers sent his app in and received an interview phone call about one week later. It took me over a month before that happend.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    They said my application was processing on 13 May, got it in the mail yesterday, 16 Aug. I'd bet it was printed and mailed on the afternoon of the 13th..

If you look on the back, there's a long number delineated with dots.

x.x.xxxxxxxx.20140812.xxxxxx.xxxxxxxx20140812xxxxxx

I can bet that's the date it was approved and printed.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I received a restricted CCW permit in MD pre October 1, 2013. It is for a rental property I own and I was not required to take the 16-hour training since it was pre Oct 2013. Now I have a small business that is unrelated to the Real Estate business that I would also like to be allowed to carry. The 2 businesses are separate and I have sufficient legal and financial backup for both. I called MSP and they said I need to submit a new application (i.e. she said I will have 2 ID cards). If I do this then I would have to pay all the fees and take the 16-hour training. I would like to just get my current ID amended. I plan to call back again to see if I get a different response from someone else.

Question: has anyone who had a restricted for 1 reason got it broadened for a different reason? I read the last 15 pages and didn't see this discussed. Thanks in advance

I've read the past 15 or so pages. But didn't see my question

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    PharoahF4: I think this information is incorrect, I bet if you call back you'll get a different answer. I have the exact scenario as you are describing, only difference being it was all laid out in the app. Many members here have had restrictions modified and/or removed. Getting a whole separate card and additional requirements (as with a renewal) is ridiculous.

BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    So is anyone in MD actually getting permits that are not restricted. I know im not alone when i think that i may need to protect me and mine other than going to and from the office. although i dont even think i would be able to get a restricted permit

So sick of this kind of nonsense. If other states deem me able to carry a firearm, that should be good enough for my home state.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    So sick of this kind of nonsense. If other states deem me able to carry a firearm, that should be good enough for my home state.

I'm with you on that.

I have permits granted in two states with reciprocity for most of the rest of the country, but not in the communist state of maryland.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    So is anyone in MD actually getting permits that are not restricted. I know im not alone when i think that i may need to protect me and mine other than going to and from the office. although i dont even think i would be able to get a restricted permit

I have an unrestricted permit.

I think the only way to get an unrestricted permit is for personal protection. This is also probably the hardest form of G&S because it is unlikely that many of us will be assulted or seriously threatened with bodily harm in our lives. It takes a very thourough and detailed application to prove it is for real, but if it is, you can get an unrestricted permit.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I received a restricted CCW permit in MD pre October 1, 2013. It is for a rental property I own and I was not required to take the 16-hour training since it was pre Oct 2013. Now I have a small business that is unrelated to the Real Estate business that I would also like to be allowed to carry. The 2 businesses are separate and I have sufficient legal and financial backup for both. I called MSP and they said I need to submit a new application (i.e. she said I will have 2 ID cards). If I do this then I would have to pay all the fees and take the 16-hour training. I would like to just get my current ID amended. I plan to call back again to see if I get a different response from someone else.

Question: has anyone who had a restricted for 1 reason got it broadened for a different reason? I read the last 15 pages and didn't see this discussed. Thanks in advance

I've read the past 15 or so pages. But didn't see my question

Update: I received my updated permit in the mail today. It was pretty easy, send $10 check, updated passport photo, required documents justifying G&S (in my case, a business) and a letter explaining.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Is there a thread on MDS that goes over some of the gun laws for individuals with a MD carry permit?

Examples: I know you can't carry when drinking?.
    But what about; do you need to tell a homeowner if you go in their house?
    What about a restaurant that serves alcohol, but you don't drink there?
    I believe you have to abide by stores/businesses that have a No Firearms sign.
    What about, if you can't bring it in a business/residence, what requirements do you need to comply for storing in vehicle?
    Are you required to tell an officer you are carrying when stopped by them?

You get the idea. Just wondering if this is already compiled in one place. I think I know the answer to most of these, but wanted to see if the laws are listed on here. Thanks

P.S. Yes I am a little happy about my expanded permit and looking exercise my 2a rights, just want to compliant with state laws.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Hopefully much, if not all of these questions were covered in your 8/16 hour Maryland Handgun Permit course.

Do you still have any class materials, including a digest of statues and regulations?

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    Is there a thread on MDS that goes over some of the gun laws for individuals with a MD carry permit?

Examples: I know you can't carry when drinking?.
    But what about; do you need to tell a homeowner if you go in their house?
    What about a restaurant that serves alcohol, but you don't drink there?
    I believe you have to abide by stores/businesses that have a No Firearms sign.
    What about, if you can't bring it in a business/residence, what requirements do you need to comply for storing in vehicle?
    Are you required to tell an officer you are carrying when stopped by them?

You get the idea. Just wondering if this is already compiled in one place. I think I know the answer to most of these, but wanted to see if the laws are listed on here. Thanks

P.S. Yes I am a little happy about my expanded permit and looking exercise my 2a rights, just want to compliant with state laws.

As Cypherpunk said, most of the details should have been covered in the classes... But for an overview of most of this:
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom