• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Sorry, I disagree with you on this..............

I've spoken to Troopers who've said that Jim DeWees is a man's man and a Trooper's Trooper. I've spoken to others who disagree and have told me that while they like him personally they believe he'll be nothing more than the second coming of Ken Tregoning and that he'll stack the Sheriff's Office with his cronies. I hear "good supervisor" and "politician" in equal measure. The bottom line is that by time 2018 rolls around we'll know the truth one way or the other.

In any event, I wish him well for the county's sake and for the sake of my family members who reside here. If I'm wrong no one will be happier than I.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Interesting you said that. At one of the small rallies I mentioned, when he was speaking, he said exactly that...that there are people in the more rural parts of the county who would literally fight something like this and he did not want to see unnecessary bloodshed.

There are people all over the State who will take up arms against this if push comes to shove. Vigorous and spirited enforcement of SB 281 will result in guerilla warfare here in Maryland. What the supporters of this law don't understand and what those who are indifferent to the matter don't seem to care about is the fact that when the first few individuals are killed in shootouts with the Maryland State Police and any local agencies foolish enough to press the issue the killings won't cow the population or put the matter to rest. Far from it. Hundreds, if not thousands, of fence sitters will become actively involved if they see their local farmer or auto mechanic or someone who volunteers at their local firehouse killed because they wouldn't surrender their rifle or shotgun or submit to arrest because they gave someone a 15 round magazine. Even if only a dozen people decided to resist with violence it would paralyze the whole state. And believe me when I say that should the shooting start far more than a dozen people will be out actively campaigning. It will be a complete nightmare.

For that reason it is essential to elect Sheriffs and other officials who will nullify and refuse to have any part in enforcing this law. It is immoral, it is unconstitutional and it is ultimately unenforceable except by the imposition of martial law.

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo
    Believe me PO2012, I fully share in your bitterness towards those registered voters that claim to be 2A supporters and supporters of the Conservative values in Carroll County, and throughout the state, that didn't get off of their no good lazy shitty asses to get out and vote. If one was registered as "I" or any other party other than "R" or "D", you could've changed your affiliation to "R" before June 3rd or "D" to participate in the DINO movement; there was NO EXCUSE not to vote. We had a decent chance to initiate a shift in the tide with this primary and for the most part, failed. Failed because you no good lazy shit assed bastards didn't do your duty as a citizen and that is to get out and vote. The voting system is set up to make it easier than ever to vote with absentee ballot and early voting.

Lou gets it right. It is pretty pathetic that folks get elected on such paltry margins in this State. Having lived in areas where I was one of four registered on the opposing side, still took the time to vote. Partially as a protest, and more importantly to send the message that we were there.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    The reality is that I need the Sheriff's office to do 2 things: not enforce unconstitutional laws (protect the 2A), and enforce immigration violations (stemming the illegal tide and Obummer's relocation services). These are the biggest issues for me as a Frederick County resident. Chuck is solid on both of the above.

Now if he can just keep his Deputies from choking retarded kids, shooting dogs and killing teenagers accused of petty crimes, we're all set.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The reality is that I need the Sheriff's office to do 2 things: not enforce unconstitutional laws (protect the 2A), and enforce immigration violations (stemming the illegal tide and Obummer's relocation services). These are the biggest issues for me as a Frederick County resident. Chuck is solid on both of the above.

Now if he can just keep his Deputies from choking retarded kids, shooting dogs and killing teenagers accused of petty crimes, we're all set.

https://frederickcountymd.gov/index.aspx?NID=4130

I hope and pray the 287 g program remains intact.

The partnership with the Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement continues as a seamless partnership.

As for the deputies faults, yep the leader has to be accountable, the deputies are liable for their actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom