What are the ATF eForms Payment Methods?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daijizai

May 11, 2013
    Columbia
    Just got my trust together, and need to know what payment method will be needed on ATF on-line eForms site so I can push my bank to issue that payment method on my new trust account.

Can anyone help? Can I pay by 'check' using routing and account numbers, or is credit card required? Thanks. :-)

Looking forward to getting stuff submitted in time to SBR my PS90.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    ATF doesn't accept ACH for whatever reason.

From pay.gov -

What types of plastic cards are accepted?
    Pay.gov accepts both credit and debit cards. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. Debit cards processed through Visa or MasterCard are also accepted; these have the Visa or MasterCard logo on the card. ATM-only cards and debit cards from other processors are not accepted.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    How does the eForm thing work with the signature part of a Form 1 when doing an SBR/SBS? Going to be trying the whole eForm thing here shortly with my NFA trust paperwork. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks fellas!

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    If I remember correctly you enter your social for signature. It's been a little while for me so I'm a little hazy. Debit card is fine though. Mine went though in my name. I don't have a card for my trust. I've heard conflicting stories on whether payment method has to be in the trust's name. I guess we'll see what happens.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    How does the eForm thing work with the signature part of a Form 1 when doing an SBR/SBS? Going to be trying the whole eForm thing here shortly with my NFA trust paperwork. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks fellas!

If you are referring to Section 7, Signature of Applicant of the paper form. I believe when you fill out the eform online, you basically check a box saying the information you provided is up to date and true. I think that suffices vs an actual signature

If I remember correctly you enter your social for signature. It's been a little while for me so I'm a little hazy. Debit card is fine though. Mine went though in my name. I don't have a card for my trust. I've heard conflicting stories on whether payment method has to be in the trust's name. I guess we'll see what happens.

why would one enter a social security number for a signature?

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Just got my trust together, and need to know what payment method will be needed on ATF on-line eForms site so I can push my bank to issue that payment method on my new trust account.

Can anyone help? Can I pay by 'check' using routing and account numbers, or is credit card required? Thanks. :-)

Looking forward to getting stuff submitted in time to SBR my PS90.

Like sundaeman said, unfortunately no ACH (yet anyway). I tried going that route. My bank doesn't issue debit cards to trusts but I wanted my trust to pay the tax.

In case your bank's policy is the same, turns out non-branded debit gift cards worked for me (which I had my trust buy).

The rechargeable cards don't work because they need a SSN and DOB for registration. The debit cards for one-time use (gift cards) only require a name and address for registration. I just used my trust name as the first name and "trust" as the last name. Worked just fine.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia

After you pay you're taken to a screen where you check a box and hit enter to submit your application. Your application is digitally signed once you submit.

On your form the "signature of applicant" box will just state "digitally signed".

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    I paid with my credit card and did not have any problems. I just got my email that my stamps were approved.:party29:

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013
    This idea that your trust will fail for failure to use a separate bank account for a typical gun trust is just another idiotic myth perpetuated by one uniformed “gun trust lawyer” mindlessly parroting information disseminated by some other uniformed “gun trust lawyer”.

Use your personal credit card and you will be GTG.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    This idea that your trust will fail for failure to use a separate bank account for a typical gun trust is just another idiotic myth perpetuated by one uniformed “gun trust lawyer” mindlessly parroting information disseminated by some other uniformed “gun trust lawyer”.

Use your personal credit card and you will be GTG.

How did you come to that conclusion? Are you a trust law attorney?

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I meant the question literally not sarcastically. Honestly had no idea the subject was a previous can of worms.

I was curious why the opinion was so strong but no answer needed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom