• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Interesting factor in this, is that if States move to mandate "smart guns", the RF signal (even passive ones) could theoretically be jammed in a time of civil unrest.... Cat 5 hurricane hits and your urban center falls to chaos, just turn off all the guns (completely eliminating the ability for self defense). It's once of those nasty-little second order effects that could be seen, similar to the proposed "kill switch" on cell phones. Sure, your phone gets stolen, and it becomes a paper weight.... but it could also be, that someone in authority doesn't like what you or the masses are communicating... whoops... just turned them off... too bad.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Interesting factor in this, is that if States move to mandate "smart guns", the RF signal (even passive ones) could theoretically be jammed in a time of civil unrest.... Cat 5 hurricane hits and your urban center falls to chaos, just turn off all the guns (completely eliminating the ability for self defense). It's once of those nasty-little second order effects that could be seen, similar to the proposed "kill switch" on cell phones. Sure, your phone gets stolen, and it becomes a paper weight.... but it could also be, that someone in authority doesn't like what you or the masses are communicating... whoops... just turned them off... too bad.

Winner! I hope sales tank and they are OOB in a matter of months.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    It doesn't matter if sales tank. If the law gets activated, damage done. This is why we need a court case and precedent to shield us against this. It's just NJ now but CA has microstamping and other states could figure out creative features to enact a de-facto handgun ban. For example, they could ban guns with any plastic parts, for example. That would pretty much make every glock and a lot of others illegal.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ratcheting it up ...

It doesn't matter if sales tank. If the law gets activated, damage done. This is why we need a court case and precedent to shield us against this. It's just NJ now but CA has microstamping and other states could figure out creative features to enact a de-facto handgun ban. For example, they could ban guns with any plastic parts, for example. That would pretty much make every glock and a lot of others illegal.

I kinda' think that is where the gov'mnt's heading ... and because it's happening on a state-by-state basis (of course being orchestrated in DC), it makes it harder to launch a defense money-wise.

Turning the screws tighter and tighter ...

Attachments

• ratchet_ha.gif
      ratchet_ha.gif
      83.7 KB · Views: 318

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie

So say the law mandating smart guns goes into effect, but FFL's refuse to sell them. That essentially means no Second Amendment in the state. How would a court case against that go? The easy out for pro-government leftist judges is that the government isn't responsible for the decisions of private businesses. However, what happens when those decisions are made precisely because of a potentially infringing & unreasonable law?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Someone needs to make an iPhone app to jam the RFID receivers on smart guns. Anyone who was even considering buying one would not if anyone with a smart phone could jam their gun. That should kill the market for them.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Every physical review I've read says the gun has 10% or higher FTF.

In reality, this means the technology is NOT MARKET READY.

I predict this GIMMICK gun will be off the market in less than one year.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Every physical review I've read says the gun has 10% or higher FTF.

In reality, this means the technology is NOT MARKET READY.

I predict this GIMMICK gun will be off the market in less than one year.

Even better, that Armatix wristwatch-gun connection seems to need resetting if the watch has been out of range of the gun for any length of time. Meaning that the 5-digit code will need to be entered and accepted before the gun can fire if you are grabbing the gun out of the gun safe, etc.

While the concept may be attractive to the casual sport shooter, it kills the gun's utility for self defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirex