POLL: How many NFA transfer-tax-paid guns do you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many transfer-tax-paid NFA guns do you own?

Votes: 40 31.5%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 14 11.0%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 4 3.1%
    • 5-7

Votes: 15 11.8%
    • 8-10

Votes: 7 5.5%
    • 11-15

Votes: 8 6.3%
    • 16-20

Votes: 3 2.4%
    • 21-30

Votes: 1 0.8%
    • 31-40

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • 41-50

Votes: 1 0.8%
    • 50+

Votes: 3 2.4%
    • OPSEC (just let me see the results)

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I shoot various matches with a guy who says he has 24 stamps! That includes suppressors and guns. He has some nice-looking toys for sure.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    How far can you see from that horse of yours? :lol:

Not very far since my suppressor was $0!!!! Actually I was forced to take it! :P So a $300 suppressor would be a step up for me.

Na, I have been waiting on buying a few suppressors to decided if I want to go the trust route one way or another.... when I figure it out and free up the funds I am just going to buy 4 or 5 at once.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am heavy on SBRs, and light on everything else (as in, a SBS and 2 rimfire suppressors). I need to save up my big boy dollars and buy a couple centerfire suppressors and associated mounts someday.

Also, I would like one of the 50+ responses to explain. Having serious doubts anyone's cut $10k of checks to the BATFE, but maybe I'd be surprised.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I be been smoking for 30 years, 3 packs/ week. At 7 bucks/ pack. That's about 32k.

Nfa is kinda like the same. People with a lot of stamps have been in it for the past 2-3 decades. If you just got into it during the last 10 years. You're a bit late and will pay a ton.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Got it. I guess I'm underestimating the "makes good money, doing this for thirty years" crowd. At my current trajectory, I'd also be at like 50+.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Also, I would like one of the 50+ responses to explain. Having serious doubts anyone's cut $10k of checks to the BATFE, but maybe I'd be surprised.

I know someone who has done just that in the last few years. Mainly on suppressors. Not all are old collectors.

If you just view the $200 as part of the cost, its not that big of a deal. Hell I don't even consider the $200 when buying a MG.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I'm pretty lucky I waited as long as I did to get into the NFA game. And after the past five months, I could see myself getting to 50 stamps in the next 5-7 years. Since May, I now have two approved SBRs, one approved silencer, and two pending silencers. Chances are I'll send at least one or two more form1s before the end of 2014. It's weird. After buying my first silencer, and realizing how enjoyable it is, I don't see myself shooting I silenced guns too much any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom